Going rate for domestic cleaner

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Going rate for domestic cleaner

Post by Kili01 »

Seems that I pay my cleaner slightly more, but she does a good, reliable job. She seems happy with this rate. My house is never what could be described as flithy, as I clean toilets etc myself as and when required.I don't expect my lady to do this while she cleans bathrooms.. I prefer to treat her well.She also cleans silver, copper as required and polishes furniture.
I prefer to keep her as long as possible, though she is getting towards her retirement.
Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

My daughter is being paid €6/hour for looking after sick animals, including cleaning their cages, litter trays etc. Just saying.
holitec

Post by holitec »

Just a comment on pay rates:

If the person has to pay SI themselves - 10 euros is fair. I know a number of people who pay SI themselves, as their employers are tight and let them go to work outside. They pay the SI each month not the legal employer.

If the employer covers the SI and the amount is net then 6 euros per hour is acceptable.The Social Insurance rate is currently about 27%.

Many employers only pay 4 to 5 euros per hour, some as low as 3!

Legally, it is your responsibility to ensure the person working is registered with SI. Several years ago I got caught out when I employed someone who claimed to be self-employed and after a couple of years I found out the person was not registered with SI, it cost me quite a bit in SI payments as I has to back pay it (several thousand euros!) - so did the person concerned as he had to find his contributions that I should have deducted from his pay as I paid an agreed gross amount. I discovered it was my responsibility to ensure any person was either legally self employed or if not I had to register them as an employee - even if it was for a short time on a per-day rate.

Regards

Digby
jeba

Post by jeba »

holitec wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:28 pm Just a comment on pay rates:

If the person has to pay SI themselves - 10 euros is fair. I know a number of people who pay SI themselves, as their employers are tight and let them go to work outside. They pay the SI each month not the legal employer.

If the employer covers the SI and the amount is net then 6 euros per hour is acceptable.The Social Insurance rate is currently about 27%.
Is it optional for the employer to pay SI? May daughter gets 10% deducted from her salary for SI contributions, so after that her salary is €5,40/hour. I assumed SI is to be shared between employee and employer ( as is the case back home in Germany).
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

( as is the case back home in Germany). When in Rome, do as…

I certainly pay all the social insurance costs. Gentle hint, Deutsche isn't always alles.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I have a young lady who helps me with the housework, I pay her £11.00 per hour. Her basic time is three hours a week, but she will do more if required, including helping me in the garden.

I am very lucky that she is flexible, as to what she does in the house, however, I always clean my own bathroom and cloakroom.

She is not a luxury for me, but a necessity.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.