Paphos Seafront Update

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Seafront Update

Post by Dominic »

Time marches on, and summer is fast approaching. So how is Paphos Sea Front looking now, and has there been any progress on the coast path to the Lighthouse Beach? Find out...

Read the article and chat about it below...

paphos-seafront-update-0427_masthead.jpg
paphos-seafront-update-0427_masthead.jpg (153.77 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Re: Paphos Seafront Update

Post by Kili01 »

It looks as if in many places a new path is being built. Why? The old one to Lighthouse beach was adequate and and could have just been paved right at the far end right to the actual
Beach. Plus some new benches along the path. Maybe some outdoor gym equipment.
Probably a smaller and-less expensive job which wouldn't have necessitated the entire length of this popular walk being closed to the public for months.
I was talking to a tourist today who was at the harbour, who had booked for his holiday here through a popular British tour company.He was upset as he thought this company should have warned their clients that Paphos was ' all dug up". He had wanted to walk on the path to lighthouse beach.

Dee
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

But Dee, do you really mean that the Cypriots are stupid and don't know what they are doing? Just wasting money? Do you know why they do what they are doing? Did you asked someone in the know? Just because you don't understand doesn't mean its wrong what they are doing.
Louise :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Before I moved to Cyprus I didn't get why the Aussies called us whinging poms.

Now I can see they were just being polite.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Louise, do you know what's happening within Paphos? If there was some attempt to keep the public informed, both Greek speakers and the sizable number of foreigners resident then I'm sure people would appreciate this. Although many of us aren't fluent Greek speakers many foreigners speak some English.
Those of us who have lived here for a long period! Say 20yrs plus can hardly fail to notice changes, both good and less so.
How many people know how much money the benevolent EU has provided to Paphos to fund what is virtually a rebirth of this city?
Has there ever been any public debate about what alterations and enhancements were proposed? Were planning permissions sought? Anyone know out of interest?

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:58 pm Louise, do you know what's happening within Paphos? If there was some attempt to keep the public informed, both Greek speakers and the sizable number of foreigners resident then I'm sure people would appreciate this. Although many of us aren't fluent Greek speakers many foreigners speak some English.
Those of us who have lived here for a long period! Say 20yrs plus can hardly fail to notice changes, both good and less so.
How many people know how much money the benevolent EU has provided to Paphos to fund what is virtually a rebirth of this city?
Has there ever been any public debate about what alterations and enhancements were proposed? Were planning permissions sought? Anyone know out of interest?

Dee

Your fault nobody else's, if you have lived here for over twenty years and haven't bothered to learn the laungage, , I've got two Syrian chaps painting the outside of my house at the moment, both been here less then two years and both fluent in Greek,
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Dominic wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:45 pm Before I moved to Cyprus I didn't get why the Aussies called us whinging poms.

Now I can see they were just being polite.
Reminds me of that Aussie joke. How do you grow your own dope. Plant a pom
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

WHL you are very active on here, despite living miles away from Paphos. Is there nothing more interesting for you to fixate on than a Paphos web site? And carping at me. You spread bile about someone who you have never met. Shame you are allowed to get away with it.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Kili01
I must have missed something, I am fairly sure WHL will be able to defend the post you have just made - However i don't see any bile that has been spread on here by WHL who probably has as much right to post on here as you have, And as for living miles from Paphos i am sure many members live miles from Paphos myself included i live in Newcastle most of the time but still like to keep up to speed with this forum and the changing events in Paphos in between visits - You have a unique way of moaning and blaming everyone but yourself no matter what the subject or circumstances may be - I would love to know what it is in your mind that you think WHL is allowed to get away with ?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:00 pm WHL you are very active on here, despite living miles away from Paphos. Is there nothing more interesting for you to fixate on than a Paphos web site? And carping at me. You spread bile about someone who you have never met. Shame you are allowed to get away with it.
Until Dominic , bans me from the forum , I will continue to post on here, you call it bile if you want, but Im just replying to the constant moaning you seem to post on here, I don't think you have ever posted any thing positive regards Cyprus or its people, but I would love to be proved wrong
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Total rubbish WHL. I do post about things which improve roads, buildings and so on. The upper part of Ellados Ave is finished now and looks very nice. Not many people are using it, because the lower part is still under consruction-though just passable! but really not living here you can't know how long all these improvement schemes take and the fact that there have been so many projects on the go at any one time for almost all of the current Mayors tenure. This makes navigating around Paphos tortuous and time consuming.
However I believe his term in office finishes next year.
To be fair by then he will virtually have reinvented Paphos and very little of the old Paphos will survive.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Seriously I wouldn't start asking questions as to why other people are still allowed to post here, Kili01. I am getting heartily sick and tired of your constant negativity, some of which could be considered libellous.

Please reflect on this before posting again.