Smart App or SMS Payment Required At 8 Parking Locations From Monday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Smart App or SMS Payment Required At 8 Parking Locations From Monday

Post by Kili01 »

As of last Friday, the coin machine was still in operation. In fact the whole machine has been updated, you can pay using your card. But it still incorporates the old coin in the slot option which I used!
OK it-cost me €1 fir 2 hrs, but still a very fair price!

Dee
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

PolemIan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:28 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:34 am Actually my phone is also a pay-as-you-go one but you can turn the data on or off when you want to.
I will give the system a try once I get the payments from JCC sorted out.
But it does seem a lot more complicated that just putting a coin in a meter.
Also at the moment how do you know which parking area you are actually in.. It mentions lots of different names, but I have no idea where they are referring to
Trev, not as complex as getting to car park, realising you have not got any change, then assuming everybody as honest and upstanding as you, having to then go and buy something you don’t want to get some change, or risking leaving the car where it is whilst doing that and being unlucky that one of the traffic wardens tickets you whilst you do that, or waste some fuel while you drive to somewhere to buy something, and then when you get the change the bloody manchineel doesn’t like your coins.

We have a smill slot in our car It is full of euro's 1's 2's and 50cent coins. Never short to pay the meters.

I’ll stick with opening an app on a phone I’ve always got with me, typing a 4 digit number and paying before I’ve even got out of the car.

You might also find, as I did some years ago, that some of the pay monthly packages with more data than you’ll need are better value than paying via PAYG and one less thing to think about.

If you need help with the App, come round for a coffee and I’ll help you. Piece of cake in Apple world, hopefully similar on the weird world of Android.

Ian
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

PolemIan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:28 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:34 am Actually my phone is also a pay-as-you-go one but you can turn the data on or off when you want to.
I will give the system a try once I get the payments from JCC sorted out.
But it does seem a lot more complicated that just putting a coin in a meter.
Also at the moment how do you know which parking area you are actually in.. It mentions lots of different names, but I have no idea where they are referring to
Trev, not as complex as getting to car park, realising you have not got any change, then assuming everybody as honest and upstanding as you, having to then go and buy something you don’t want to get some change, or risking leaving the car where it is whilst doing that and being unlucky that one of the traffic wardens tickets you whilst you do that, or waste some fuel while you drive to somewhere to buy something, and then when you get the change the bloody manchineel doesn’t like your coins.
I’ll stick with opening an app on a phone I’ve always got with me, typing a 4 digit number and paying before I’ve even got out of the car.

You might also find, as I did some years ago, that some of the pay monthly packages with more data than you’ll need are better value than paying via PAYG and one less thing to think about.

If you need help with the App, come round for a coffee and I’ll help you. Piece of cake in Apple world, hopefully similar on the weird world of Android.

Ian
We have a small slot in our car It is full of euro's 1's 2's and 50cent coins. Never short to pay the meters.
All things are possible
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Lincoln, we do have change for supermarket trolleys in our cars if needed but these days since the rules changed we hardly use cash, even in our local village shops and taverna, so change is an increasingly rare commodity - used an ATM only 3 times this year according to my records. Cash is a PITA for me personally.

Ian
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Well my first attempt to use this Smart Parking failed! Downloaded and logged into the app. Selected e wallet, added bank card details and loaded it with 5 euros and got SMS confirmation from Bank that it has been paid so off I went to park. Parked the car, pressed the big P and selected e wallet. NO CREDIT!! Refused!

Fortunately the pay machines are still working so paid a euro for 2 hours parking.

All got to do figure out now is how to get my 5 euros back!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can foresee many people having problems with it, specifically visitors.. For a start, how are they supposed to know about the new system?
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Not just tourists,but people from other towns/areas also visit Paphos. Most are unlikely to know about the new smart parking here.
But all understand coin-in-the-slot machines.

Dee