YES, heavy rain cleans also photovolatic modules...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

YES, heavy rain cleans also photovolatic modules...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

This was the heavy rain I was waiting for. Since 2 PM it is pouring down in my area and cleaning my PV modules from the dust of the last 4 month.
But not only that, also all the bushes and trees around looking much more nice now and there is that nice smell of fresh air only after first rain...

rain barrel already overflowing

and also my crystals in the garden look better now, water already 5 cm high above the gravel

Max
trevnhil

Re: YES, heavy rain cleans also photovolatic modules...

Post by trevnhil »

There is bound to be someone who has left their car windows open :-(
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Aren't you lucky? Since about 20 April, my weather systems have resolutely stuck at 0.0 mm of rain, but we had a record 433.0 mm before that, since 1 October. It clouded over this afternoon with a little bit of distant thunder but not a measurable drop of rain. I pay a fortune for irrigation water but the garden looks as if it's been transported to the middle of the Sahara. My citrus fruit, this year, will offer me the most expensive oranges and lemons in the world – I wonder why I do it? The only visual relief is from a large waste area covered with bougainvillea and, currently, a pyracantha is beginning to show its orange berries, providing a little bit of a show.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Walloped it down from LCA airport going east towards Napa from 1615-1645. Motorway was a torrent in places.Plenty of forked lightning and a mini whirlwind/tornado swept across the Limassol m'way junction, throwing debris every where. Not a drop where I live!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I wonder if I was the only one in the wider Paphos area whith such a good rainfall for ca 3/4 hour. I measured 14 liter per m2 which was the first proper rain since March at my place. The rain came down with nearly no wind and the temperature dropped from 32c down to 23.2c. I could hear some thunder far away before it started raining, but no lightning here...

Max
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

We had heavy rain for at least 30 minutes in Kamares.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We had a fair amount but nothing like yours. And I closed my car windows and gathered in all the gardening tools before the rain, thanks to the thunder warning!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Just to show how clean my test module looks after that heavy rainfall. Since the last good rain on 10 March it had collected quite a lot of dust from the air which is now all gone without my help.... great!

Max