Customs & Import duties

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Customs & Import duties

Post by MacManiac »

I was pleased to see that Cotton Traders are once again delivering to Cyprus (their service was unavailable for a long time). However they warn Customs and Import charges may be levied by the host country. Does anyone have any idea of the amounts involved? I normally order clothing for about €100.

As an aside, Marks and Spencer deliver and guarantee no Customs and Import charges and this has been the case with each of our ordered from them.
kansas

Re: Customs & Import duties

Post by kansas »

MacManiac, interesting what you say about M & S. Is this when ordering from UK on-line, or Cyprus? An item I order from M & S Cyprus on line actually came from the UK but incurred no charges.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

We ordered from M & S in Cyprus but the items were dispatched from the UK. Strange …
kansas

Post by kansas »

It was an excellent service. A man's dressing gown, ordered on line from M & S Cyprus, shipped from the UK within 3 days and collected from M & S in the Kings Avenue Mall. We didn't have to pay any import duties, and the assistant said that if it wasn't to our liking we could return it to the shop and they would send it back for us FOC.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

If your item was ordered from M&S Cyprus abd charged in Euros I would have thought this pricealready included customs duty and VAT, just as if buying from the store here if the goods were available