Health Ministry reminds use of protective mask mandatory indoors

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Health Ministry reminds use of protective mask mandatory indoors

Post by memory man »

The Ministry of Health reminds and clarifies that the use of a protective mask is mandatory in indoor and closed areas.

The obligation to wear a mask has been suspended since 15 May 2022, only for children under 12 years of age.

The use of a protective mask is mandatory in airports and offenders will be fined 300 euro. The european recommendations to suspend the mandatory use of a mask will be evaluated at a later stage by the Ministry of Health, in consultation with the Scientific Advisory Committee.

The Ministry of Health calls on citizens to follow the instructions for compliance with personal protection measures, as the use of a protective mask is still one of the best precautions against COVID-19 transmission.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/health- ... y-indoors/
WHL

Re: Health Ministry reminds use of protective mask mandatory indoors

Post by WHL »

Just to confirm, the wearing of masks inside shops is still in force?
because I have seen some people not wearing them.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What is there to confirm? It is stated there in black and white (or blue, depending on your theme). It is also in the title: "mandatory indoors".

The fact that some people are disobeying it, doesn't mean it isn't mandatory.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:54 pm What is there to confirm? It is stated there in black and white (or blue, depending on your theme). It is also in the title: "mandatory indoors".

The fact that some people are disobeying it, doesn't mean it isn't mandatory.
Maybe I worded it wrong, I thought it was the law, and I always put a mask on when going into shops, its just I have seen quite a few people not wearing them inside shops lately.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Is it still the case that it is not the responsibility of the business to enforce face mask wearing?
That is, if checked only the person not wearing a face mask would be fined and not the business.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Was in Paps in the harbour on Friday and had to explain to at least five holidaymakers regarding the wearing of masks was still in force . Most said they had not been told about this on arrival to Cyprus .
lefkes.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

I picked my daughter up from Paphos Airport this afternoon and of all the passengers arriving on 6 flights within 20 minutes very few were wearing masks - it would appear that they didn’t know it was still mandatory here, surely an announcement either on board prior to landing or in arrivals would be sensible. The Ministry if Health could have made a fortune @ €300 a time.
WHL

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:08 pm Is it still the case that it is not the responsibility of the business to enforce face mask wearing?
That is, if checked only the person not wearing a face mask would be fined and not the business.
As well as the custermer I'm sure the shop owner is liable also
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I saw on line that the UK has recently stated that masks are no longer required inside shops etc, and including inside airports in UK and on some aircraft. It says subsequently that some airlines may still require passengers to wear them, inside both their aircraft and inside the airport... So as ever in the UK the situation re wearing a mask - is a tad confusing.

I think that airline cabin crews could perhaps warn their passengers about the situation at the destination airport. That's if they happen to know.

Dee
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

We were having a meal in a venue in Paphos in which entertainment had been provided. I noticed customers were donning masks to go to the toilets but heard an announcement encouraging people to dance. When I queried it with the staff I was
told dancing was allowed without masks but whilst walking around in the venue, a mask should be worn.
We were in the Mall yesterday, many people without masks, many of them looked to be tourists.
It looked to us that the day of the mask is numbered.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

It's a confusing situation on the buses as well. Signs are affixed on (most) of the buses advising passengers to wear masks before boarding- yet I have witnessed and also bought it to the driver's attention when he was letting people on without a mask. One driver got really nasty with me when I pointed to about 8 passengers (mainly tourist arrivals)who were not wearing them or doing the preverbial "Chin strap" routine! In the end I took all the vehicle registration numbers for other trips I had made including his-and handed them in to the bus station, plus I pointed out that on some buses the signs had been actually been taken down!

It's the same with seat belts- that really annoys me too. There is one driver who (for the last 6- years) since I have been on the island- never wears a seat belt.. Last week, an inspector got on to check tickets and also his log book and clearly could see the driver was not wearing a belt but said absolutely nothing... so much for Health and Safety and the due consideration for passenger's safety!
WHL

Post by WHL »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 am It's a confusing situation on the buses as well. Signs are affixed on (most) of the buses advising passengers to wear masks before boarding- yet I have witnessed and also bought it to the driver's attention when he was letting people on without a mask. One driver got really nasty with me when I pointed to about 8 passengers (mainly tourist arrivals)who were not wearing them or doing the preverbial "Chin strap" routine! In the end I took all the vehicle registration numbers for other trips I had made including his-and handed them in to the bus station, plus I pointed out that on some buses the signs had been actually been taken down!

It's the same with seat belts- that really annoys me too. There is one driver who (for the last 6- years) since I have been on the island- never wears a seat belt.. Last week, an inspector got on to check tickets and also his log book and clearly could see the driver was not wearing a belt but said absolutely nothing... so much for Health and Safety and the due consideration for passenger's safety!
Its your right to report people, but my tuppence worth, give it up mate, wear your mask, and dont bother yourself what others might or might not do, life really is too short to waste on what every one else does.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I have been flying back to UK and back here every few weeks,I always wear a mask at the airports and on the flight,usually I am the only one wearing one and will continue to,so what are the rules re all the passengers not wearing masks particularly at Paphos when they get here,when I came back from Birmingham ten days ago there must have been hundreds of people waiting at passport control all jammed together for an hour and you could count on one hand the number of people wearing a mask,back to UK tonight so will keep my distance!
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

"Its your right to report people, but my tuppence worth, give it up mate, wear your mask, and don't bother yourself what others might or might not do, life really is too short to waste on what every one else does".

I totally agree with you,but the point I was trying to make is that a lot of drivers simply removed their signs stating it is mandatory to "wear a mask in this bus"- simply, so they don't have to police the passengers when they board the buses...yet when I queried this at Paphos bus station they said that all passengers have to wear a mask or risk the possibility of getting a 300 euro fine (not that that, is likely to happen) Also there is no way that I would even dare point this out to a fellow passenger, because he or she was not wearing a mask as it's not my responsibility but the driver of the vehicle....

Interestingly, yesterday whilst riding the 615 bus from Coral Bay to Paphos harbour the driver of that bus actually refused three people access to the bus as they had no masks with them. I mean it's no wonder tourists get confused !
WHL

Post by WHL »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:49 pm "Its your right to report people, but my tuppence worth, give it up mate, wear your mask, and don't bother yourself what others might or might not do, life really is too short to waste on what every one else does".

I totally agree with you,but the point I was trying to make is that a lot of drivers simply removed their signs stating it is mandatory to "wear a mask in this bus"- simply, so they don't have to police the passengers when they board the buses...yet when I queried this at Paphos bus station they said that all passengers have to wear a mask or risk the possibility of getting a 300 euro fine (not that that, is likely to happen) Also there is no way that I would even dare point this out to a fellow passenger, because he or she was not wearing a mask as it's not my responsibility but the driver of the vehicle....

Interestingly, yesterday whilst riding the 615 bus from Coral Bay to Paphos harbour the driver of that bus actually refused three people access to the bus as they had no masks with them. I mean it's no wonder tourists get confused !
I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day, if you wear your mask, you aint getting a fine,
we were in the New Larnaca Mall yesterday, and as always we have ours on, we saw a few both locals and tourists without masks, at the same time they were making announcements over the mall informing everyone to wear a mask as the law demands, if people get fined its their choice.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Some people seem to think that the pandemic is over and some profess that they don't mind getting Covid because they think its a mild disease! But in Cyprus there are still about100 people in hospital who have it badly. Some are 'intubated'
It's your choice, but personally I still prefer to wear a mask whenever I'm in an enclosed, indoor building where the public are present.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We do the same Dee we still wear masks when indoors
Trev..