Tax Number

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Poster12

Tax Number

Post by Poster12 »

Does anyone know the simplest way to get a tax number? I plan to be resident in Cyprus for the remainder of this year and also after this year, and so I will need to register for tax and get a tax number.

Is it just a matter of phoning the Tax Office and requesting a tax number? Or are there lots of forms to fill in ?
dodo

Re: Tax Number

Post by dodo »

Did it about a yr ago, I emailed paphos tax department, asking for a tax number( TIC), as needed for my remaining uk bank accounts. I had to upload copy of yellow slip passport etc and fill in a few forms which were emailed to me and bingo couple days later received. Note- I'm not working so was easy to sort.
Hubby went through an accountant which obviously had to pay for and took a few months to sort in which time still paying tax in UK but eventually got a refund. I can't remember email address for paphos tax dept but the forms are double taxation DT something or other. Hope that helps
Poster12

Post by Poster12 »

Thanks dodo. It looks then like there will be some forms, and I will also probably have to get the residence permit before asking for a tax number.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I went last week to the tax office for a number as needed for CTO registration. Will be sent to me by email. It’s a 2 page form and a copy of passport or yellow slip