Attempted break-in around Universal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cappielow1

Attempted break-in around Universal

Post by Cappielow1 »

Hi all

For your information.

I've just been informed that three houses on our complex in Universal (near the Primary School) have been the subject of attempted breakins.

The door locks were broken but it appears that no entry was gained and that the housebreakers were disturbed as they left a full bag of tools behind.

This happened last night but on Friday afternoon they did gain entry to a store room and made off with an expensive bicycle and also damaged the paint work on a parked car.
Cappielow1

Re: Attempted break-in around Universal

Post by Cappielow1 »

Morning.

For information....

I've just been informed that two persons were caught on newly installed CCTV at 3:15 this morning (Cyprus time) mooching around the same complex.

One male one female.

As far as I have been told, the police have seen the footage and can identify the female, but say that they cannot arrest her as she was not caught on the premises despite being captured on the cameras.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Tanny wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:30 am Is mooching an offense?
If you're mooching in a place you have no right to mooch then yes.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Cappielow1 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:21 am
Tanny wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:30 am Is mooching an offense?
If you're mooching in a place you have no right to mooch then yes.
Unfortunately the police need more then mooching around, to arrest them, fear not though, im sure the police will be having a word in her ear.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Tanny wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:29 am ? No right to Mooch?
Our definition of mooch is obviously different, here's mine

Any person who, without lawful authority to be there, is found in or on a building or other premises, whether enclosed or not, or in its curtilage or in a vehicle or vessel so that, in all the circumstances, it may reasonably be inferred that he intended to commit theft there shall be guilty of an offence

Therefore, being captured on CCTV at 3:15 am while not having any right to be there falls into the above.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Another update.....
Thieves appear to be doing the rounds, were caught on CCTV again last night on our complex.
Another two apartments on another complex (near Pambis Diner) have been broken into over the past couple of days.