Top of the World.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Top of the World.

Post by WHL »

Wow, I think my knees would be knocking :shock:

Lincoln

Re: Top of the World.

Post by Lincoln »

WOW, well done to that brave lady. Loved the advert.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

yeah! The guy who did the montage must have had his knees rattling across the studio!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I used to do that for real (well only around 250 metres) to check or change out the thermocouples on the flares on the Petro Chemical Plants where I worked, they really move about when it's windy.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:00 pm I used to do that for real (well only around 250 metres) to check or change out the thermocouples on the flares on the Petro Chemical Plants where I worked, they really move about when it's windy.
I bet you didn't look as chic as her, :lol:
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

I bet Fred Dibnah could have scaled that height without any PPE or safety chains and at the top sat and had his sandwiches washed down with a bottle of Manns brown. But nobody else could. Great vid.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jim B wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:00 pm I used to do that for real (well only around 250 metres) to check or change out the thermocouples on the flares on the Petro Chemical Plants where I worked, they really move about when it's windy.
Yes, I was on top of the Canary Wharf Tower before they capped it. It really blew a gale. I was surprised how little wind they had to put up with in this shot. I certainly wouldn't have been able to hold up any signs on top of Canary Wharf.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Makes my legs tremble watching that! Had to switch it off! :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

panoscouse wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:56 pm I bet Fred Dibnah could have scaled that height without any PPE or safety chains and at the top sat and had his sandwiches washed down with a bottle of Manns brown. But nobody else could. Great vid.
For us younger members, could you explain who you are talking about please :? :D
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Fred was a great character. As a youngster, he started out life as a steeplejack and that led through, over the decades, to his great passion – steam. What he didn't know about steam engines wasn't worth knowing. Such was his combination of knowledge and charisma that he ended up with a gong from the Queen, probably suggesting to her that they have a pint together. :-)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes Fred was a great guy, his TV programmes were fascinating.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.