Good news for fully vaccinated English residents returning to UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Good news for fully vaccinated English residents returning to UK

Post by Dominic »

Fully vaccinated UK residents arriving in England from amber travel list destinations will no longer have to quarantine from 19 July.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Re: Good news for fully vaccinated English residents returning to UK

Post by WHL »

Before we all get excited, I read this on another forum,,,,,
Remember though this is ONLY for UK residents that have had the NHS vaccine.....not anyone that has had it abroad...,
I dont know how true this it, but people should check it out before booking tickets.
ast

Post by ast »

In addition the traffic light system will be reviewed next week, my money is on Cyprus going into red. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm Before we all get excited, I read this on another forum,,,,,
Remember though this is ONLY for UK residents that have had the NHS vaccine.....not anyone that has had it abroad...,
I dont know how true this it, but people should check it out before booking tickets.
Boris has clarified that this is correct. More political sabre rattling 🙄
Paul

Post by Paul »

From the BBC web site:- They will have to prove they were vaccinated at least 14 days previously, using the NHS Covid Pass (on the NHS app) or an NHS Covid Pass letter.
UK residents with UK NHS Covid Pass!
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I’m double vaccinated and flew in yesterday from the UK. Have to say the process was very smooth

Flight was approx two thirds full. Easy to upload details for Cyprus Flight Pass and permission was received back swiftly.

At Paphos airport I had to show passport and Pass before entering terminal building. These were checked again before I was allowed through. Only had hand luggage but this was put through the scanner. I estimate it was only 40 minutes maximum between the plane touching down and my feet touching the tarmac outside the airport
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But you were coming FROM the UK..

This post is about going TO the UK.
Trev..
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Trev

I know but I thought that anybody who is thinking about coming out from the UK (property owners like me for example) and who will be returning back might be interested in knowing what I experienced
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Interesting from an email I received from Gov.UK today.

The government is taking a phased approach to amending requirements and is already exploring plans to remove quarantine for vaccinated non-UK residents arriving from amber countries later this summer where it is safe to do so. The Test to Release scheme scheme remains an option for non-fully vaccinated travellers returning from amber countries to shorten their quarantine period, by paying for a private test and being released early if they receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We won't even entertain flying anywhere outside of the UK, double vaccinated or not.
Having to be reliant upon a pre-flight test taken in a foreign destination without knowing the consequences of testing Positive is just not going to happen.
We're cancelling our September holiday tomorrow and will keep the deposit paid as a credit in our holiday account until we know.more about what's in store.
We will have another 12 months in which we can book for another trip up to 18 months in the future.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

Seeing thousands of fans celebrating cheek to cheek in the West End, with out masks, makes a mockery of having to isolate/take tests etc, etc, does anyone in authority give a Sh*t anymore, about beating this epidemic.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I don't think you can just blame the authorities(even though they are bloody useless) the baulk of the problem are the idiot people who don't give a sh.t anymore,
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:27 am I don't think you can just blame the authorities(even though they are bloody useless) the baulk of the problem are the idiot people who don't give a sh.t anymore,
Yes you can blame the authorities , they decided to allow sixty thousand fans into Wembley, with out masks.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It’s strange that none of the news papers here have run the story here that the Mayor organised a concert in Kennedy Square the other night (if they did I missed it). It’s estimated that 1000-1500 people where there but none of the seating was laid out with any social distancing in mind.

It seems to be authorities everywhere that don’t really think about it when it suits their needs.
lotus

Post by lotus »

But surely WHL people with an ounce of common sense and a care for their wellbeing and their families would surely mask up,unless they all all bloody idiots which seems more likely!
memory man

Post by memory man »

BJ looks like he's pi55ed
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

memory man wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:17 am BJ looks like he's pi55ed
Possibly was. But more likely was the photographer took about 30 shots in a couple of seconds and picked the one where he looked the worst.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

The Aquila wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:14 am It’s strange that none of the news papers here have run the story here that the Mayor organised a concert in Kennedy Square the other night (if they did I missed it). It’s estimated that 1000-1500 people where there but none of the seating was laid out with any social distancing in mind.

It seems to be authorities everywhere that don’t really think about it when it suits their needs.
What with events such as this taking place (and photographs of the recent Queen's birthday party held at the residence of the British High Commissioner in Nicosia and those taken at the recent visit by HMS Queen Elizabeth to Limassol which can be seen on the official website showing lack of social distancing and face mask wearing) I can quite understand why people think that it is safe to go about their daily lives disregarding the various rules even though the number of positive cases is rising as a result.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, have just seen that with the daily number of cases here now nudging 1000, there's a strong possibility that Cyprus will find itself back in the Red zone. Maybe the promised flood of Brits packing the flights of the budget airlines to get here won't materialise after all. Why are some Governments and a number of careless,unvaccinated people wrecking things for everyone else?

Dee
TandC

Post by TandC »

Yes it could be significant that whilst the FCDO have today revised their advice with regard to Spain,France and Greece they still show Cyprus as(sic)"essential travel only"

We will wait and see!