Jet 2 Cancels flights again.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Re: Jet 2 Cancels flights again.

Post by Sadie »

Road Warrior wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:26 pm Despite saying that they would be flying from first July, Jet 2 have again cancelled flights scheduled for July.
Because Cyprus remains on the Amber list
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

They will always take bookings in the hope that the governments lift restrictions, but they don’t then the inevitable cancellations come along.

I’m surprised that even against the advice about not travelling people still book and then get upset when they’re cancelled.
TandC

Post by TandC »

I seem to recall that the Minister said yesterday that they were going to remove the "advice not to travel to amber list countries"from the website but I dont think that has been done yet. Does any one else recall this-or is my memory playing tricks out of hope!
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

TandC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:41 pm I seem to recall that the Minister said yesterday that they were going to remove the "advice not to travel to amber list countries"from the website but I dont think that has been done yet. Does any one else recall this-or is my memory playing tricks out of hope!
Your not imagining anything, in fact it was repeated on GMB again this morning by some other political mouthpiece.
TandC

Post by TandC »

As far as I can see still no change to FCDO advice on all but essential travel to amber list countries despite govt promise. Anybody seen anything more about this?]
TandC

Post by TandC »

As far as I can see still no change to FCDO advice on all but essential travel to amber list countries despite govt promise. Anybody seen anything more about this?]
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Holidays are not that important in the current situation.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well, Diocletian that's a broad brush statement. It seems there are many people in the UK who want to holiday abroad where the sunshine is more guaranteed than in the UK. But they don't want to quarantine when they return. Also the travel industry badly needs to get going again. Travel agents, airlines and airports. Hopefully as many people as possible will be vaccinated soon with two doses.

Dee
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Diocletian wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:03 pm Holidays are not that important in the current situation.
Are they not, as soon as I can travel abroad without quarantine on return, the UK won't see me for dust.🛫
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Cappielow1 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 pm
Diocletian wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:03 pm Holidays are not that important in the current situation.
Are they not, as soon as I can travel abroad without quarantine on return, the UK won't see me for dust.🛫
Yep, we're already booked for late September to mainland Spain but won't be travelling if there's any kind of testing at either end or quarantine. We have the option to cancel 28 days before our departure date with no loss of deposit.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well in this spate of flight cancellations, I just had confirmation that my Ryanair flight to the UK is going as advertised.
Previously, I have had multiple bookings for EasyJet flights cancelled, and have stopped attempting to book with them. They advertise 3 flights a week to Bristol, but have no intention of operating them while the pandemic exists. Though sometimes they operate one of them...
For more definite bookings of flights to the UK, try BA or Ryanair.
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

"In response to the COVID-19 virus, Ryanair has been forced to process a number of flight cancellations. If your flight has been cancelled you have been notified by email and SMS and given the option of a travel voucher valid for 12 months, or refund, or rebook your journey, you can also check your flight status online, by following the steps below.'

From their own website:
https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-in ... s-covid-19
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well mine seems to be going ahead, having just checked my booking.
Touch wood!

Dee