Not good,

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Not good,

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Not good,

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Here the view of the local press (CMail)...

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/06/01/our- ... satisfied/

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think people are fed up with negative campaigning. Sell yourself, don't slag off others.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 am Not good news to wake up to.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... parliament
Mmmmm,why in your opinion is this not "good news " there must be hell of a lot of people think this IS good news.I bare in mind that this is the Guardian of course.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm
WHL wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 am Not good news to wake up to.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... parliament
Mmmmm,why in your opinion is this not "good news " there must be hell of a lot of people think this IS good news.I bare in mind that this is the Guardian of course.
Is voting for a bunch of racist fascists,,,,, good in your opinion?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tanny wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:24 am Its what they wanted to vote for and got a little recognition. Is this post your campaign to get the voters NOT to vote for them next time?
A simple question to you, do you want people voting for this Party :?:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Um, because they are racist fascists. The kind of people our forefathers fought against in WW2. We aren't talking right-wing as in Tory Party. We are talking brain-dead, idiotic Neanderthals.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tanny wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:06 pmSure, why not.
Thankfully most educated people know that they are modeled on the Golden Dawn party of Greece, which hero worshiped Hitler and the Nazis,

Elam the Nation Front party of Cyprus, number one manifesto pledge, is to get rid of all foreigners out of Cyprus, so If I was you I would start packing my little suit case, because if these people ever get in, you and other foreigners would be on the first boat out of here, talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas, :roll:
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:36 am Elam the Nation Front party of Cyprus, number one manifesto pledge, is to get rid of all foreigners out of Cyprus, so If I was you I would start packing my little suit case, because if these people ever get in, you and other foreigners would be on the first boat out of here, talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas, :roll:
And to do that they will have to take Cyprus out of the EU which is never going to happen.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:47 am
WHL wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:36 am Elam the Nation Front party of Cyprus, number one manifesto pledge, is to get rid of all foreigners out of Cyprus, so If I was you I would start packing my little suit case, because if these people ever get in, you and other foreigners would be on the first boat out of here, talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas, :roll:
And to do that they will have to take Cyprus out of the EU which is never going to happen.
Why? EU countries can choose which NON EU citizens they allow to reside in the their country.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Then what would happen to the Cypriot economy if all foriegners where made to leave??
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 am Then what would happen to the Cypriot economy if all foriegners where made to leave??
Rabid extremists party's, and their admirers aren't exactly the brightest economist's around.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

But they don't improve their lot. And the immigrants aren't living in the lap of luxury. I visited a few places with Caritas, and they were pitiful. Lots of families sharing a single, filthy kitchen, with a barely functional shower next door and a broken bit of mirror. What you call "liberal do gooders" are very hard-working people who give a shit about other people less fortunate than themselves. Sneer all you want, but they do a fantastic job.