Just A Quickie Please !

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

Just A Quickie Please !

Post by Mike J »

My Cyprus driver’s licence needs renewing and whilst I’ve avidly read the various posts and would like to use the citizens Advice Bureau, how do I make an appointment please ?
bromerzz

Re: Just A Quickie Please !

Post by bromerzz »

You ring them up.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Senior Citizens Should Avoid Quickie's - They Play Havoc With Your Blood Pressure.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Paphos Citizens Service Centre (Eleftheriou Velizelou Avenue): 26822400

Anavargos District PO: Services at KE.PO. at the District Post Offices is by appointment only. You can arrange an appointment through the Call Center at 8000 2000 (toll free)

Make sure you take the necessary documents and photocopies as process has changed in recent months.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Many thanks everyone , have got my doctor’s certificate ( T.O.M. 153E) signed and yes she warned me about blood pressure fluctuations not behind the bike sheds but on the backseat of a vehicle , now those were the days, steamy windows !
I’ve also got a years supply of electricity bills, my passport, my MEU1 , my T.O.M. 7 drivers licence application . I’ve tossed in the marriage certificate and house rental agreement as well just to try to try to be ready for unexpected extra requests .
Am I ready to enter the dragons den it or do I need more cover ?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

To extinguish the flames emanating from the dragon just smile as you approach, say 'Kalimera/Good Morning ...... I hope you can help me'

PS: The older and larger the dragon the more devastating its fire
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Well, spent all day trying to get through to the Paphos Citizens Advice Bureau , by lunchtime broadened my search to include the Limassol one and the Kolossi one as well. All have the same recording “ Our lines are overloaded “ . I phoned every 15 mins. I’m told that almost no one is working this week at the actual Department of Transport so am a bit snookered .
Guess with yet another public holiday on Thursday the civil service is taking what they call in Italy un ponte a bridge which when a holiday is on a Thursday means taking Friday off as well to have a long weekend . Judging by the lack of traffic on the motorway today it looks like un ponte here means the whole week !
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Can't comment on why the phone lines are overloaded. Seems strange,
About a week ago, I called in at the Citizens Advice office, Butcher Boy Rd, It was a morning when rain was forecast and to my surprise the office was much quieter than I expected. I queued outside, just me and one other. Then as a storm was about to break, I walked in carrying the necessary documents, through the open door to speak to the receptionist. She was very helpful.
So, if rain is threatened, you could try just turning up there, at best you might get to see someone at one of the counters. Otherwise I think the receptionist might tell you how to make an appointment.
Hope that helps.
Dee
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Thanks Dee that’s brilliant, I have checked the weather and Wednesday and Friday morning look favourable for such an operation . It’s a real pity Thursday is a holiday as it is going to rain all day but heigh ho .
Anyway I’ll have everything with me including the veritable kitchen sink and let’s see how I get on .
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Phoned the citizens advice this morning at 9am took only 5 mins to get through
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Absolutely weird , I started at 8 a.m. phoned every 15 mins until 4.45 pm and the same recorded message on all three offices . 26822400 ?
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Yup same number 26822400
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Just kept listening to the Greek recording
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Yes I was and must have been unlucky as it went to English and always ended with phones overloaded.
This morning with renewed vigour I went back on the phone and after 15 calls at 0920 the message said stay on for more information and after 12 mins of hanging on a live voice . He offered the afternoon of 13April as the first available and I grabbed it . My licence expires the next day ! I noticed online the Limassol Department of Transport has been closed yesterday and today which probably caused the phone backlog .
Still alls well that ends well and thanks for everyone’s help as always . Such a useful forum this one .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Driving licence renewal is one ting that bothers me.. In the past I have been told to renew very near to my birthday. But now is seems that I will have to (somehow) get an appointment and forms a few weeks before my Birthday.. Then make an appointment to see my GP for that certificate to be signed..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have seen comments on FB from people that have renewed their driving licence some time before it expires - but the one time we followed that advice the lady at the desk changed the date of expiry to three years after that day's date rather than the actual expiry date/birthday which was 9 days later!
Another conundrum to sort out when the licence is next up for renewal.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

it was my understanding that the 'three years' had to run from when the doctor certified you were fit to drive. But of course that is for over 70's
But for people under that age I can understand them giving th three year from the date you renew it.
The same goes for the 2 year MOY certificate. It if from the test day and not from the previous expiry date '
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The Mot is from the day you have the test. It matters not when you had the last one. The driving license is from the day you renew it. That is what happened to me.
All things are possible
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

My birthday is 27th December
Saw my doctor on the 8th for my "medical" & signing of form (€30)
Appointment at Citizens Service Centre on 14th December
My new licence expires on 26th December 2023
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Can you remind us what documents are needed now .
Trev..