From Paphos To Coral Bay

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

From Paphos To Coral Bay

Post by Dominic »

A drive from Kato Paphos to Coral Bay, along the coastal road. We have received a lot of requests for this route, so enjoy!

Our first two road trip ebooks follow most of this route, so if you want to explore Cyprus when you next visit, you should check them out. Each contain about 150 photographs and several maps, detailing two fabulous journeys. You can find them on Amazon using the following links:

Road Trip 1, covering the central Paphos region:
https://amzn.to/2t3YAdh

Road Trip 2, from coast to coast:
https://amzn.to/2EsOlEP
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
merchant_banker

Re: From Paphos To Coral Bay

Post by merchant_banker »

I am really enjoying the videos, although I would have preferred if the drive was slower, so I could enjoy it even more.

Would it be possible to keep the camera facing forward, facing forward would give a better idea of the location and a view of both sides of the road.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I will be doing a 360 version in a day or two and you will be able to control the camera.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Looking forward to the 360 version
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Thank you Dominic ...... looking at the video you have a totally different perspective than when driving, how much tourism has developed in the area from King Mall roundabout to Sea You Beach Bar on the coast road hopefully sometime this year it will be business as usual
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It isn't just tourism. There are a lot of residential villas springing up along the way.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Twenty years ago there were only 2 hotels, VenusBeach and the Atlantica Beach along the stretch of peaceful sea and rural views between Paphos and Coral Bay. Then developers started to buy land from the farming families. Soon there will be few views of the sea, but a long ribbon of buildings as far as Sea You bar! I guess that is progress of the speculative and touristic kind! I hope that the tourists for whom there should be ample accomidation
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

will come back to fill all the beds!

Dee
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Kili01 ..... I can remember further back when the Kissos and the Cynthiana Beach on the headland were the only 2 Hotels between Paphos and Coral Bay with all the Banana Plantations on the coastal road
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I remember hearing a very elderly lady saying that she remembered the Coral Bay Rd, when it was a dusty track passing through banana and citrus plantations. There was virtually no traffic apart from working donkeys carrying loads and people toiling in the fields and plantations..

Dee