Compulsory Covid Test

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Compulsory Covid Test

Post by Reesy »

Have just been told that from Monday ALL employees must have a weekly Covid test..Bizarre! Can imagine the queues.
WHL

Re: Compulsory Covid Test

Post by WHL »

Reesy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:16 pm Have just been told that from Monday ALL employees must have a weekly Covid test..Bizarre! Can imagine the queues.
Do you have a link ?
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

I was told by my accountant..
WHL

Post by WHL »

I think if this was true it would of been all over the papers,
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Am I the only one who actually reads the announcements the government makes? They have been very clear that for those returning to worksin 1st must have a rapid test by 31st and depending on the number of employees in a business, all, or a percentage of employees of those returning to work next week must be tested each week.

See points 12 - 15 here.

https://publications.gov.cy/assets/user ... index.html

Ian
Ams

Post by Ams »

As Ian said, this was announced with the other changes on Wednesday and was included in the news reports. They substantially increased the number of testing places for yesterday, today and tomorrow to avoid long queues and make it easier for people to get tested. I drove past 1 today and there were only a handful of people in the queue. The locations are published daily in the Cyprus Mail, eg: https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/28/coro ... -friday-3/
WHL

Post by WHL »

I have a dentist appointment on Monday, and my dentist will not see you without a negative test result, so I have just been and got tested, and while in the line, I spoke to a couple of people who confirmed that they now need tests every week for their employment.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

At least at the moment the test are free
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

MOH has one tomorrow at the little church behind the hospital, before admittance on Wednesday.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Tests include charity shop workers as well.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It shows that the Government are determined to try to reduce the spread of the virus. They want to test everyone going back to work who will have contact with the general public.
Mind you, I have been checking the stats each evening, and the number of people in the Paphos area who are testing positive is now very low, while Limassol numbers are consistently high.
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If you look at the latest post about test locations, you will see that there are six or seven in the Paphos region today.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.