Spider ID

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
bmwx5

Re: Spider ID

Post by bmwx5 »

Looka like a Wolf spider Sometimes called Cyprus Taratula
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

It could be a huntsman. They are harmless and can get very large. Great for keeping other beasties at bay.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Yes, it is a Huntsman. Nearly but not quite harmless. Very large ones (>50 mm) can give you a little nip. My webpage on the subject is at http://www.bnellis.eu/nature/natspider.html
WHL

Post by WHL »

Take care with spiders, a couple of years ago my wife had a bite from a spider, while sitting at home, and ended up in hospital for a week, with constant drips going into her.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

WHL wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 am Take care with spiders, a couple of years ago my wife had a bite from a spider, while sitting at home, and ended up in hospital for a week, with constant drips going into her.
There are two issues here. The first is whether it is a spider's venom that causes the problem, which is unlikely with a Huntsman. The second is where the bite causes simple blood poisoning.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am
WHL wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 am Take care with spiders, a couple of years ago my wife had a bite from a spider, while sitting at home, and ended up in hospital for a week, with constant drips going into her.
There are two issues here. The first is whether it is a spider's venom that causes the problem, which is unlikely with a Huntsman. The second is where the bite causes simple blood poisoning.
Spider bit my wife, that I know,,, I dont have a clue what type it was, I was just giving people a general lookout, no more no less.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

A size 9 works equally as well Lloyd 😉
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Spiders are NOT allowed on our property.
All things are possible
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm Spiders are NOT allowed on our property.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie B