UK Food Prices To Increase

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
Firefly

UK Food Prices To Increase

Post by Firefly »

So we are blessed, not, we have had the most wonderful summer since 1976, and oh joy, the sun has ruined crop produce and animal feed and therefore the cost of food will increase. For Heaven's sake, why can't we cope with anything in the UK, or could it just be another excuse to make money, me sceptical, never.

Jackie :roll:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Uncle D

Re: UK Food Prices To Increase

Post by Uncle D »

Firefly wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:32 pm So we are blessed, not, we have had the most wonderful summer since 1976, and oh joy, the sun has ruined crop produce and animal feed and therefore the cost of food will increase. For Heaven's sake, why can't we cope with anything in the UK, or could it just be another excuse to make money, me sceptical, never.

Jackie :roll:
I was thinking that when it was mentioned on the news a few weeks ago.
With Brexit the UK will need to try to be more self sufficient as far as food production is concerned, its inevitable that food costs will rise, and if there are more droughts it will obviously make it worse.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Farmers complain if the sun doesn't shine, if it shines, if it rains, if it doesn't rain. They are a breed apart in making out they should receive more subsidies and increase prices....

However, Brexit will definitely mean higher priced imported goods and even more expensive home produce, with less markets to sell to. Maybe in many years that will change, but it is already forecast by the government themselves, that irrespective of the type of brexit agreement, we will be worse off.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Surely if there are less markets to sell to, then with less demand, by the law of supply and demand prices will come down.