Mag 250 Upgrade

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
bromerzz

Re: Mag 250 Upgrade

Post by bromerzz »

I use three MAG 322s at home. The boxes do get hot if there is no air flow around them. I simply raised them an extra inch above the units they sit upon and they are fine. One is for use in a patio area and the shade temp still gets up to the mid 30s but the box has worked without problem all summer.
The 322's did suffer from new with a voice sync problems until Infomir released a software update, since which time they have all been fine.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If it aint broke don't fix it.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

How long do the Mag boxes usually last ? Do they give up working and so you have to buy another one..
By the way, we too have ours raised up to allow air to circulate all around it.
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

How long do MAG units last, well mine is as old as Lloyds I think, bought from SOS many years ago, I have also a MAG254 and just to say I see no improvement, I go with the if it ain't broke don't fix it.

On the hot running I just sit them on top of the TV unit not raised in any way, I never switch them off in several years, apart from reboots.

On MAGs I bought the very latest spec box from Amazon De as Amazon UK would not ship one out here, it was hopless both my suppliers could not load it with their normal supplier, so I sold it on loaded with an unknown supplier that in my opinion was not that good, at least the member who bought from me got a bargain cost wise. Stick with your 250 Lloyd until it goes over the rainbow. ;)
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We had a new one at first and went back to an old one because of overheating issues.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have had with S system lot of problems of late, S system was the most reliable at one time but since the server changed supplier it is not so good, I will be contacting him later this morning to ask why.

I have never had overheating problems with my old Mag units, in fact, is as posted it lays flat on our TV unit, has for many years, the 254 also lays flat, never had a problem regarding heat, it is also left on permanently apart from rebooting now and again, regarding changing your old 250 if it is working properly then keep it, if it fails then change it, A can get you a new Mag or Amazon De sell them to us here on the island.(cheaper)

Let you know what S says.

To those who may read these posting the abbreviated names such as S & A are at the request of the admin I believe? or just to cover those providers who do not wish to be known.

By the way Lloyd you do know A,s system will record onto a flash drive, also it has two weeks back up. Just for info.

https://www.google.com.cy/search?q=BEST ... oQ_AUICygC
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes I have used for sometime Flash Drives to record usually Sky Films, but any program that has the red "back up" circle on it, depending on your flash drives memory it can hold many films and other programs to watch when you need them.

Not at all sure why your unit needs switching on every time and reboots itself, this is very unusual, when A gets back from the UK give him a call, the only thing I can think of change where your IPTV HDMI is plugged into on your TV there is usually one that is automatic.

Also, "A" has many hundreds of music and albums to listen to, I find this excellent.

Have to say mostly all programs are behaving Monday, just the odd "file missing" that is a pain.

PS could not get hold of S yesterday I had a phone problem, will try again on another day.

PPS love the levitating MAG unit..... :)
Jim.
togolosh

Post by togolosh »

I’d be most grateful if someone could send me a PM with details for A’s iptv service. Many thanks in advance.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

As a point of interest when we are not using the TV/MAG BOX we always turn them off. Touch wood not had any buffering/Freezing :D
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

Hot MAG.

Ian this has nothing to do with the freezing, it is probably internet related, I have never ever switched my MAGs off at night, they will be warm of course but they never run that hot, also at night is when usually your provider updates your system, it would need to be on standby.

None of my MAGs have ever buffered.

Lloyd you're correct in your assumption on this member, three posts in a year just about MAG providers, very odd.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Is the mag324 available yet ?

If I was going to upgrade I would wait for the latest model . Simple as “A” “B” “C” or “S” ;)
Attachments
960EC3D1-97F9-498D-9E7E-6301C7D16DEC.jpeg
960EC3D1-97F9-498D-9E7E-6301C7D16DEC.jpeg (27.45 KiB) Viewed 4811 times