Cabinet approves stricter sentences for traffic violations

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Cabinet approves stricter sentences for traffic violations

Post by Paphos Life »

The cabinet on Friday approved stricter penalties for certain traffic violations including vehicle seizures for certain offences.Speaking after the meeting, Justice Minister Ionas Nicolaou said the state had exhausted all other means of getting the message through to people regarding road safety but it was time for stricter measures....

Read the article and chat about it below...
WHL

Re: Cabinet approves stricter sentences for traffic violations

Post by WHL »

Good News
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sounds sensible, but the artical didn’t say anything about which offences were to be included. Siga siga, perhaps...

Dee
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

It does list offences and increased fines on the "full story" link about half way down the page!

Shane
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Oh yes, sorry. I just skimmed the first part of the message and missed the link to the Mail.
Yes, increased penalties are one possible solution, if the fines are paid. But it surprises me that they haven’t increased the fine for not wearing a safety helmet on a motor bike. The penalty for not wearing a seatbelt has gone uo to €400! Perhaps the fine for not wearing a helmet on a motor bike (or a scooter) should be similar. A lot of motorcyclists are killed every year in Cyprus. I have seen the aftermath of one accident when the rider was knocked or fell off his bike by a vehicle. The bike was a mangled mess and the rider was also in very poor shape too.
Dee