Theft from your baggage

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Simon curling

Theft from your baggage

Post by Simon curling »

Can i ask you how much would you be willing to spend on a product that will make your suitcase tamper proof ! if anyone broke in your suitcase you would know once picked up from Airports or Hotels . Did you know how easy it is to break into your suitcase without you knowing about it until you got home or at the Hotel to unpack !! not sure if i am allowed to put up a link to show how easy it is ! so i wont just google it and you will see. At some Airports you can have your luggage wrapped but even this is not tamper proof at all it just makes it harder for the thief's to cover up the theft. This wrapping service costs around £14.99 EACH WAY. I now have a product that is 100 % tamper proof so if anyone tries to break into your suitcase you will know right away once picked up so you can report it at the Airport or Hotel which will make insurance claims so much easier. To be honest i don't think no thief would bother to try and break in with my product in place as its not an easy target for them they will just move on to the easy target suitcase .

Yes my first post on this forum and yes i would think what a funny first post. I was a member of CL before it closed down last year. I had my suitcase broken into from Paphos Airport to Luton Airport and i never knew about it until i got home and unpacked ! nothing of real value was stolen to be honest about £130 of goods. I can't give too much away at this stage on how it works or what it is but will do soon. So how much would you pay for a tamper proof product that you can use time and time again ? Would you be willing to pay say €14.99 ?
ApusApus

Re: Theft from your baggage

Post by ApusApus »

No!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Ant

Post by Ant »

No!
keving

Post by keving »

My suitcase is never locked ... it gives the impression that there is nothing of value in it.

Seems to work ... I have never had anything stolen.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

keving wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:31 pm My suitcase is never locked ... it gives the impression that there is nothing of value in it.

Love it! :D

I don't put anything of value in mine.... I keep it with me. My padlock is padlocked in one place, so the zipper cannot be moved. The case can never be resealed if it's been tampered with.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

keving wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:31 pm My suitcase is never locked ... it gives the impression that there is nothing of value in it.

Can you tell me what your suitcase looks like & I'll help myself next time? ;)

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Can you tell me what your suitcase looks like & I'll help myself next time? ;)

Shane
Its black and I also have a tag on it with my home address
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

I just googled it here is the link i found shocking really i never knew about this https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... tion=click

But i never had anything stolen from my case so far even though it has a padlock which is useless so the video shows .

Thanks for the warning though .
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

To answer the question- yes.
J B

Post by J B »

No!
J B
Keith

Post by Keith »

No!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Like Keving I usually don't bother locking my case. I never put anything of value in hold luggage

Jim
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Zipped suitcases can be opened very simply with a ballpoint pen!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 am Zipped suitcases can be opened very simply with a ballpoint pen!
I saw a video of that, scary! I use a combo lock which fixes tabs so they cannot be moved. I don't place valuables in my checked in luggage though, always in carry on.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am
mike strand2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 am Zipped suitcases can be opened very simply with a ballpoint pen!
I saw a video of that, scary! I use a combo lock which fixes tabs so they cannot be moved. I don't place valuables in my checked in luggage though, always in carry on.
Jimgym, if the tabs weren't locked why would you then need a ballpoint pen?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

In answer to the OP, how much would I be willing to spend very much depends on a product specification & product reviews.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

My trouble with such a device is that if I were to buy something like that I may as well buy an elephant repellent, as my perception of the likelihood of my bags being broken into is about the same as my perception of the likelihood of me being trampled by an elephant in Paphos Harbour.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:22 am
Jimgym wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am
Jimgym, if the tabs weren't locked why would you then need a ballpoint pen?
If someone uses a small padlock on tabs that aren't fixed in a locked position you can very easily open suitcase and close again without a person knowing until it's too late.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

When travelling to and from the USA soon after 9/11 we were requested not to lock our suitcases and informed that should any be found locked they would be opened before loading as they do if anything suspicious is found when they are ex-rayed. Like others nothing of value travels in my hold luggage.

Rita