Tougher penalties planned for driving offences

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Varky

Re: Tougher penalties planned for driving offences

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm Not making any excuses what so ever, these clamp downs have resulted in hundreds getting caught and booked, sorry I dont buy the typical expat view that all the police are bent/related etc etc, just lazy expat speak ......as said in previous posts ..how many expats have a sinkful and then drive home?
There should be no exceptions if laws are broken, but by your own admission in criticising expats having a skinful and apparently getting away with drink/driving you confirm that not enough is being done on a regular basis as opposed to a 'clampdown'.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 am
WHL wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm Not making any excuses what so ever, these clamp downs have resulted in hundreds getting caught and booked, sorry I dont buy the typical expat view that all the police are bent/related etc etc, just lazy expat speak ......as said in previous posts ..how many expats have a sinkful and then drive home?
There should be no exceptions if laws are broken, but by your own admission in criticising expats having a skinful and apparently getting away with drink/driving you confirm that not enough is being done on a regular basis as opposed to a 'clampdown'.
I criticize any Idiot that drink drives be it Cypriots/Expats or martens,...just trying to bring a bit of balance, because it seems we think its only Cypriots that disregard the laws...the police can only do so much with the man power they have, short of posting a police car outside every bar/restaurant etc how can they do more?..the results prove that clamp downs are the most effective way to catch law breakers...I would have no problem reporting someone that I knew drink drove regularly to the police..would you?
WHL

Post by WHL »