"Biggest gamble" in 2023 is completion of Cyprus' justice system reform-Christos Clerides

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

"Biggest gamble" in 2023 is completion of Cyprus' justice system reform-Christos Clerides

Post by Paphos Life »

President of the Cyprus Bar Association Christos Clerides believes the biggest gamble in 2023 is the completion of Cyprus' justice system reform. This is what he told 'Insider' in a interview, adding that reform was supposed to start this month but it seems there will be a small delay in achieving that goal. "This, unfortunately, ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: "Biggest gamble" in 2023 is completion of Cyprus' justice system reform-Christos Clerides

Post by Devil »

That is, convening the first Supreme Judicial and Advisory Council, forming it into a body, announcing the 21 positions and completing the interviews within September, by the beginning of October at the latest, with decisions on appointment by the end of October at the latest.
What guarantee that the people filling the 21 position are all squeakyclean when it is obvious that some of the interviewers are themselves probably not squeakyclean? I have little faith at any level within the judiciary system.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: "Biggest gamble" in 2023 is completion of Cyprus' justice system reform-Christos Clerides

Post by Dominic »

Before anything else in Cyprus can change, the legal system must be reformed, as it is currently not fit for purpose. Until you can punish people for doing wrong, there is no point in making new laws.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just wondering were the like button has gone?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The "thank" button doesn't work with the latest version of the forum software. When I get time I will try and debug it. It's a pain though, as it means setting up a whole dummy forum just to play around with the code. Alternatively, I could do it on the live forum, but when it doesn't work it tanks the entire forum.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:55 pm The "thank" button doesn't work with the latest version of the forum software. When I get time I will try and debug it. It's a pain though, as it means setting up a whole dummy forum just to play around with the code. Alternatively, I could do it on the live forum, but when it doesn't work it tanks the entire forum.
Thanks