Paphos Sea-Front Gym

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Sea-Front Gym

Post by Dominic »

Some new gym equipment has been added to Paphos Sea Front, near the Municipal Baths and the Changing Rooms. We took our cameras down to have a look. We also had a quick look at Tea For Two, to see how they were coping since the recent accident.

Read the article and chat about it below...

paphos-sea-front-gym_masthead.jpg
paphos-sea-front-gym_masthead.jpg (152.83 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
josef k

Re: Paphos Sea-Front Gym

Post by josef k »

I think the new gym equipment is a great idea. What's the betting that the moaners hadn't been down for a look before submitting their moans. There are similar setups in a small park in Lemba and on Chloraka seafront, which are well used.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh of course they hadn't. They probably never go to the gym or jog along the sea front either. Some people just like to moan.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Hopefully they will be enjoyed by many best view of any gym in Paphos
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that the gym equipment is a great idea .i hope that people will use it sensibly, and not abuse it.

Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We've seen these small outdoor gyms along promenades and in plaza's during our trips to many different destinations in the Med.

They're extremely popular. I would much prefer to use outdoor equipment and watch the world go by rather than facing a wall on a running machine in an indoor gym.

It also encourages people to hop on and give it a go if they've never used a gym before.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

A brilliant addition. I rode past a similar one on the sea front at Abergele yesterday. It has been there a few years and is well used and well maintained. Cannot understand the moaners on Facebook. The mayor is doing a good job improving the seafront.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:34 pm We've seen these small outdoor gyms along promenades and in plaza's during our trips to many different destinations in the Med.

They're extremely popular. I would much prefer to use outdoor equipment and watch the world go by rather than facing a wall on a running machine in an indoor gym.

It also encourages people to hop on and give it a go if they've never used a gym before.
My gym has taken to closing the blinds in front of the cardio machines due to the sun. It's much like facing a wall! This outdoor gym would certainly be less claustrophobic, and you'd at least catch a breeze.

I just hope this gym is maintained rather than being allowed to become a broken-down eyesore, as is the fate of many public works across the island.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the Mayor has dome many good things in Paphos. But maintenance for everything can be a problem. Today, both lifts from the carpark below the market were not working. Hope they will be fixed before too long. There was no shortage of folks wanting to use them.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There has always been a problem with the older lift, and I hope that the new one is fixed urgently..
Someone would come out quickly if a person was trapped in it... I hope
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

We went past Tea for Two yesterday and noticed that no one was sitting underneath the area that had collapsed but it was full on the other side. Mind you, you do get a better view from the other side.