CovPass Cyprus App for Apple devices now available

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

CovPass Cyprus App for Apple devices now available

Post by galexinda »

https://apps.apple.com/cy/app/covpass-c ... EfAKd1sxDE

Just seen this link posted on Pissouri FB page.
WHL

Re: CovPass Cyprus App for Apple devices now available

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:25 pm https://apps.apple.com/cy/app/covpass-c ... EfAKd1sxDE

what if you dont have an apple device?
Ams

Post by Ams »

WHL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:31 pm
galexinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:25 pm https://apps.apple.com/cy/app/covpass-c ... EfAKd1sxDE

They had said it was pending approval by the Google and Apple stores, so I guess it was just approved by Apple first and the Android one will be available soon.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Thanks Galexinda. Downloaded app and eventually found code, which only appears on phone not email copy of certificate!
Last edited by Jimgym on Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

WHL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Also waiting for the Play Store equivalent.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

For those looking for TAN code, when you log into euddc site, find your certificate and TAN code will be next to QR code.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Found one easyway is to install the app from App store. Go to educc.gov.cy website and simply download a fresh QR code. Then using the covid pass app scan directly into your phone. You will need to note the TAN number (underneath the barcode) to be entered manually.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Tip. Check your name is spelled correctly.

Just noticed that on one of ours there is a letter missing. Not wanting to risk there to a scene at an airport in the future if name on the certificate doesn’t quite match the passport I called the helpline on 1474, answered almost immediately, they took the details and suggested we leave it a few days before redoing the download.

Ian
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

My first certificate did not have the TAN code on it so I downloaded and printed off a new EDUCC certificate, scanned the bar code and then manually entered the TAN code onto the app as requested. When I checked back, the two codes are different.

Anyone else had this ?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From posts I have seen on FB the TAN changes each time you access the EUDCC Portal - many people were initially having problems uploading to the App on their Apple mobile phone because they used the details from the EUDCC certificate they had printed off a few days ago.

I think this may be the system because there is an option to download negative RAT or PCR tests from the EUDCC Portal for those who have not received the vaccination and thus the TAN would have to change each time such a test is taken in order to comply with the SafePass rules of being valid for up to 72 hours.

Just entered my details onto the system - nothing has changed since the last time - and yes, there is a new TAN.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Yesterday I used the CovPass perfectly well, today all of the information had disappeared off of it. My OH checked hers and that had too!

Seems a pointless thing to have if it doesn’t work when you need it!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

There was an update to the Apple version of the app yesterday which I installed, afterwards I noticed that the certificate was missing. It may be that the update was a) to to fix a problem, or b) in fixing a problem it erases existing copies. Not sure which one it was as I hadn’t looked at the app since last week. If people have their phone set to auto download updates worth checking if it was b), especially if you’re just about to travel to somewhere in the EU. I’ll add my certificate again in due course and keep an eye on it.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Went through the process again, printed off the new certificate and scanned the code…..TAN not recognised!

Result = app deleted!
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Scan the QR code from the screen/monitor, not from a printed form and then enter the TAN, use the Covpass.cy app to do it.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Do tourists from the UK have to use this Safepass, will it recognise our NHS vaccinations? Coming over in September thanks.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

What is SHNS and MEU please?
memory man

Post by memory man »

At a guess.

SHNS = Scotland National Health Service.

MEU1 Is a Certificate of Registration only and is compulsary.

MEU3 is a Certificate of Permanent Residence and is not.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

paulaf wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 pm Do tourists from the UK have to use this Safepass, will it recognise our NHS vaccinations? Coming over in September thanks.
We have been using a printed copy of the Cyprus flight pass plus a copy of the NHS vaccination certificate. Most places look at the vaccination cert and usually need talking through the dates of the two vaccinations. Not yet been asked to provide ID docs (passport or driving licence) to support the name on the certificate.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Princebytor wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:09 pm
paulaf wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 pm Do tourists from the UK have to use this Safepass, will it recognise our NHS vaccinations? Coming over in September thanks.
We have been using a printed copy of the Cyprus flight pass plus a copy of the NHS vaccination certificate. Most places look at the vaccination cert and usually need talking through the dates of the two vaccinations. Not yet been asked to provide ID docs (passport or driving licence) to support the name on the certificate.
So presumably it will be ok to carry around our printed NHS vaccinations certificates, hubby doesn't carry a phone? As you say need them for flight pass anyway. Will reprint them nearer the time as ones printed for recent trip to Greece QR code will have expired. Obviously haven't got an MEU.
Thanks
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Road Warrior wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:22 pm Saw people turned away from IKEA today as they had no ID to corroborate the Vaccination Certificate.
Will this still be needed mid September? its easy enough to carry driving licences I guess, its only to go into supermarkets, will pass on IKEA!