Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Post by Uncle D »

Bright sparks, interesting first post with an insult thrown in
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Limassol is hardly the other side of world though is it? If I was offer a Limassol appointment I’d take it just as a few other people I know have.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I suppose it all depends where you live in the Paphos district. Limassol is an hours drive for us and the same return. For those near Polis it will be around an hour and a half..
But of course it takes 20 minutes to get to the hospital ..
Trev..
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

I had also problems and change from safari to google chrome, problem solved. The 1474 number: problems with my mobile, no problems with landline.
daveg

Post by daveg »

I would go to Nicosia to get the vaccine, a 2 hr drive there and back.....hardly a big deal.
As it is guess will just have to wait....
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 am Bright sparks, interesting first post with an insult thrown in
I think you are being over-sensitive. It sounded like a compliment to me. Not everything is meant ironically.

a clever or witty person.
"some bright spark in the agency came up with the idea of rippling silk with a cut in it"
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

HIC, I think you will find from earlier posts that the 'Starters orders ' is 8am tomorrow.. NOT 9am as you have posted
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I went online at 07.59 this morning and everything went smoothly. The only difficulty I had was that the names of the vaccination venues were all in Greek. I copied each one and used Google Translate to find Polis Hospital. The earliest date was Friday and I chose 11.00 - all confirmed. The only problem I have is that I HATE NEEDLES ...
memory man

Post by memory man »

Whoope doo!!

I finally got an appointment, organised by my GP
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well done, I wonder which Vaccine you will Get. And what about Mrs MM?
Trev..
Mark

Post by Mark »

My suberb GP got me an appoinment for Thursday at Palia Electriki in the over
68 category.

My GP is Dr Dora at Blue Cross.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 pm My suberb GP got me an appoinment for Thursday at Palia Electriki in the over
68 category.

No need to go on line or wait for a telephone that never answers, get a decent GP for the quickest results.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

I thought the Gesy portal was excellent. Shows you when and where different types of vaccination are available and it's very quick and easy to use. Logged on at 8:00am, all done by 8:02 at my preferred location with my preferred vaccine.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Phoned 1424 at 8amish.....nothing left.

Alan
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Mark wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 pm My suberb GP got me an appoinment for Thursday at Palia Electriki in the over
68 category.

No need to go on line or wait for a telephone that never answers, get a decent GP for the quickest results.
Mark,so is it just a case of the misses and i walking into our Docs and asking them to make and appointment for us.If so ,like you say very uncomplicated,thanks.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

emgee wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 am Phoned 1424 at 8amish.....nothing left.

Alan
Sent you a private message.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:34 pm Not quite Chaddy. We asked the same doctor several times to make an appointment for us as soon as it was available, but they did not do so. We were however able to make an appointment using the GESY website, which gives you the opportunity to not only select your preferred venue, but also your choice of vaccine.

My next door neighbour told me that he was still waiting for his doctor to contact him a with an appointment a week or or two after we had had our vaccine using the GESY website.
That same Doctor got myself and my wife appointments on the same day the new vaccines were released, superb service from a caring a
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:34 pm Not quite Chaddy. We asked the same doctor several times to make an appointment for us as soon as it was available, but they did not do so. We were however able to make an appointment using the GESY website, which gives you the opportunity to not only select your preferred venue, but also your choice of vaccine.

My next door neighbour told me that he was still waiting for his doctor to contact him a with an appointment a week or or two after we had had our vaccine using the GESY website.
That same Doctor got myself and my wife appointments on the same day the new vaccines were released, superb service from a caring and proactive GP
JimX

Post by JimX »

We had our vaccinations, thanks due to our GP Dr Mala at the old electric board, great, then what actually went down was the Vaccination centre phoned me to say our appointment time for the vaccinations was put forward two hours, OK no problems with that but we arrived at the centre and it was heaving, we all sat out side waiting for our name to be called, two hours later they were, the lady doing the appointment book did apologise as there had been a mistake with bringing forward appointment times, p**s up in a brewery comes to mind.

All OK sore arm but otherwise fine next booster in May. We both had AstraZeneca Vaccine

I did not use the GESY portal but my next door neighbor did, our appointments were the same day, so the portal was no faster.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

'Currently, the vaccination programme has worked its way down to people aged 67 and above as the health ministry announced that another 22,808 inoculation slots for this age group would go online from next Tuesday. Some 15,000 appointments were grabbed within just three hours of the first slots for the over 67s'.

https://www.financialmirror.com/categor ... /property/