Aerosols on flights from UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Aerosols on flights from UK

Post by kansas »

We've just been informed that aerosols can no longer be sent by post for security reasons. A recent order of ours was destroyed for this reason.

Does anyone know if aerosol containers are allowed on board flights, in checked-in luggage?

Thanks in advance
josef k

Re: Aerosols on flights from UK

Post by josef k »

They have been up to now, as most people pack a deodorant. The 100ml restriction for carry-on luggage applies to most airlines/countries, and anything in excess of this has to be in checked-in luggage. However, the content of the aerosol is an issue as I believe spray paint etc are not allowed. But if you want to carry a large quantity, as your post suggests, then the answer might be no and you might have to use the sea option. Why not talk to a couple of airlines?
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

I had two different aerosols in my hand luggage in March (Easyjet flight).
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks for your replies. The aerosol although very small (50ml) contains a bath repair spray, hence the problem I think. However, I may have found an alternative method of shipping, via LHUKCY. I'm going to contact them.
smudger

Post by smudger »

We travelled from Cyprus to UK today with Ryanair, both with aerosols in checked-in luggage, no problems.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It's most likely the contents of the aerosol as you say. Man things now cannot be sent overseas by air over recent years. Even nail polish should not be sent abroad now by airmail.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
josef k

Post by josef k »

I wouldn't have said nail polish was a man thing. ;)
jeba

Post by jeba »

josef k wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:08 pm I wouldn't have said nail polish was a man thing. ;)
I didn´t even know there was such a thing. I thought he mistyped and it was meant to mean nail varnish.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I commented about this on the "Edit" thread a few days ago..... the trials and tribulations of replying on the forums from a mobile phone in the morning :-( Grrrr!

It was always nail "varnish" to me too - but apparently "polish" is the new word for it.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"