Supermarket trollies

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Supermarket trollies

Post by Dominic »

It is amazing how many people don't seem to grasp this simple point. It happens in our Paphos Chat facebook group too, though I am less tolerant of rudeness between fellow posters there. Devil would have been booted long ago. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Boot the Devil Man😲😲😲 I'm sure you never would Dominic. 🤔

However, there is no doubt in the matter . . . . . . He can be cheeky twerp. 😁 Just a fella with a different sense of humour to some of us peeps.

Maggie B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh I wouldn't boot him from here. I was referring to the Facebook group.

I consider myself the custodian of this group, rather than its creator. Unwritten rules were already in place, I merely try and keep the peace.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:37 pm Oh I wouldn't boot him from here. I was referring to the Facebook group.

I consider myself the custodian of this group, rather than its creator. Unwritten rules were already in place,
I merely try and keep the peace.
More Boutros Boutros-Ghali, rather then the enforcer Jason Statham :D
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I know it's too late for you to not give up your day job, but on the off-chance you get re-incarnated, stick to a regular 9-5.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:34 am I know it's too late for you to not give up your day job, but on the off-chance you get re-incarnated, stick to a regular 9-5.
Bit Harsh, :cry: :cry: :cry:
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-Shopping ... 0005.m1851

Works in the other types of trolley
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Who buys this type of gismo? My plastic trolley token does the job for me!

Dee
daveg

Post by daveg »

Guess all is well in the Cyprus world if a discussion on Supermarket Trollies is a topic......
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Supermarket trollies,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,,we came out of a certain supermarket and discovered a significant dent in our beloved horseless carraige,,grrrrrrrrrr clearly done by an offending trolly,,,,,,420 euros to fix.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why cannot Supermarket trollies work on the same principle a Airport trollies.. They have the brake on until you push the handle down
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

daveg wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm Guess all is well in the Cyprus world if a discussion on Supermarket Trollies is a topic......
Far more interesting and informative than reading endless threads about wearing/non wearing of face masks and the standard of driving in Cyprus!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

mouse wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 pm Well I just hope when paps Chloraka get some new trolleys they get them with proper outdoor wheels and not the stupid high tech Indoor ones they have now. Some one really boo booed with this lot ! Of course they could always just replace the wheels.
I like the indoor trolleys in Papantoniou - at the correct height for someone who isn't able to use the pull along baskets or the huge unwieldy beasts that rarely go in a straight line. A shame they are not fitted with a coin slot so shopping can be taken direct to the car.
WHL

Post by WHL »

When you think things cant get any worse :cry:

WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:30 pm WHL far from my ideal trolley but the linked to the store stock system and an item finder feature sounds good, the shelf fillers can move stuff all around the shop and create endless aisle stacks and you would still be able to find things, also if something is out of stock and its position has has been jammed solid with something else you won't waste 20 minutes looking to see where it was moved. These trolleys will never appear because it messes with the marketing bods concept.
I have a problem pushing a bog standard trolley in a straight line, let alone master all that other palava , its a no thankyou from me :shock:
Last edited by WHL on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kissos

Post by Kissos »

Galexinda glad you like the 'indoor' trollies in Paps without a coin. It was me that got them into the stores as I have problems pushing the heavy ones and also pull alongs due to being part disabled and also suffer from vertigo when bending down. Always used them in the UK. I wrote to the marketing dept with photos Sept 2018 and they got some in to try. Then ordered more. They now seem in short supply as some have been taking them outside never to be seen again. They are plentiful in the town centre Paps so I go there rather than Chloraka. Its a important part to me of the marketing mix in a business.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I also find the 'indoor trollies' at Paps Ellados branch very useful. I have a scoliosis Of the spine and used to find the big trollies nearly impossible to use especially the ones which lacked proper steering and bending down into their depths was painful. The indoor ones are lighter and much more user friendly as no bending is required. Well done Galexinder for helping Paps to acquire them. Maybe its just as well that they live inside the store as they aren't subject to the kind of abuse which I have noticed from some members of the public outside.
As a result of having these trollies I havd started to shop regularly at Paps where I also find that their staff are usually v.helpful.
Dee
Kissos

Post by Kissos »

Thanks Dee.
It took a lot of emails back and forth to chat about these trollies but I think it was well needed here (as an ex marketer). Important part is 'place' in marketing and the whole 'process' in service marketing to be a successful business. If one of the 7 Ps is weak then the business is missing out.
Karen (KISSOS)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Have you noticed there are no trolleys that can be fitted to wheelchairs here?
I am only saying this as I have had to get a wheelchair for my wife and you cannot go around pushing both when not connected.
I am hoping that she will be back on her feet soon as she has been ill and has lost a lot of mussel from her legs through been in bed.
Paul
Varky

Post by Varky »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:26 pm Have you noticed there are no trolleys that can be fitted to wheelchairs here?
I am only saying this as I have had to get a wheelchair for my wife and you cannot go around pushing both when not connected.
I am hoping that she will be back on her feet soon as she has been ill and has lost a lot of mussel from her legs through been in bed.
Paul
Sorry, but you are not looking hard enough. Alpha Mega has many trolleys for various situations.