Caravan

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Caravan

Post by lotus »

Hi folks,can anybody help? We have a static caravan in Shropshire were we stay when we go back for Summer and return in September,my partner is stuck in UK at present,as it is in affect our only place of residence in UK I have heard we are entitled to stay there now,she is stopping with friends but it's a bit fraught! ,and she needs her space after her long stay in hospital,the site which is part park homes and part caravans and is privately owned,I cannot find any up to date info, can't get hold of them at all. By the way I think the Viper has gone! No sign today
Sadie

Re: Caravan

Post by Sadie »

lotus wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 pm Hi folks,can anybody help? We have a static caravan in Shropshire were we stay when we go back for Summer and return in September,my partner is stuck in UK at present,as it is in affect our only place of residence in UK I have heard we are entitled to stay there now,she is stopping with friends but it's a bit fraught! ,and she needs her space after her long stay in hospital,the site which is part park homes and part caravans and is privately owned,I cannot find any up to date info, can't get hold of them at all. By the way I think the Viper has gone! No sign today
Have they a website or on Facebook? They may have posted up to date information on there
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks will have a look,trouble is the owners are a couple of old farmers and probably never heard of the Internet!🙄
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Just a thought. If you have the address of the site then it might be useful to perhaps contact the local constabulary who will have the telephone number of the site.
All things are possible
lotus

Post by lotus »

I have contact details,we have been there for twenty years,they just never pick up the phone! It's the legal side I need to sort out,I am sure if we are stuck in the UK with no other residence owned we are entitled by law to live in the van,positive I read it a while ago but just need updated info and can't find anything
holitec

Post by holitec »

Hi,

I used to work in the leisure industry, and unless a special restriction is placed on the planning permission, you can only live in a holiday home for a maximum of 48 weeks in a 12 month period - I would be 99% certain you will be ok.

HTH

Digby
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks Digby,we only stay for 3 or 4 months anyway my partner can't cope with the heat here in Cyprus! I am desperate to get a flight back as she is still recovering so the caravan would be perfect
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A recent article I have found dated 25 March: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11248798/ ... -can-stay/

''Government guidance issued by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government said: “Where people live permanently in caravan parks or are staying in caravan parks as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, they may continue to do so.”
The National Caravan Council, which represents motorhome, caravan and holiday home industries, last night insisted people were not obliged to leave their properties if they had no alternative accommodation. A spokesman said: “The government’s position, if these people do not have access to a permanent residence in the UK, is they should be allowed to stay on park sites''.

Some more information on this link dated 15 April: https://www.salopleisure.co.uk/press/ar ... emic/12268

As you have failed to make any contact with the owner I feel it may be like many other similar establishments that have closed for the duration. Suggest your wife perhaps contacts the Citizens Advice Bureau - at the very least they would be able to give her some contacts to follow up your questions.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks for reply,the site is mainly park homes with permanent residents and about dozen static caravans where we can come and go when we like apart from January,the site is open because of the park homes,will see if I can get somebody to pop over from Worcester to the site to make inquires
lotus

Post by lotus »

Update!finally the owners after my partner managed to contact them gave her permission to stay at the caravan for as long as she likes,having been in self isolation for over seven weeks she won't pose a threat to anybody although she will stay clear from folks!.Thanks again for all the replies,now all I have to do is try and find a flight back asap.