BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Post by Devil »

Most of the trolling is not one-liners but points of view that are ridiculous, and often half-a-page of nonsense, most often at a tangent from the original subject. A witty one-liner in context is always welcome.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 am
holitec wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 pm- just need a bit of planning to sort any issues out. Digby

"a bit of planning" :lol:

Understatement or what? From the present bunch of nincompoops (sorry, Brexit negotiation team), who couldn't organse the proverbial p*** up in a brewery?

Royal wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 amWe are are Sovereign Nation dealing with second rate politicians from second rate countries who think that they are in positions of great power over 500Bn people. :lol:

Gosh, just how deluded is it possible to be?

A political and economic union of 500bn people...what could the leaders of those 27 member states possibly know about running things? Not overlooking the fact that their currency is vibrant and resilient, while the UK's is wilting.

Poppy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm Not sensitive at all WHL and I will continue to post on this forum even though you don't think I should.
May I just say to have a decent debate you or anyone else for that matter needs to accept when they are wrong( as in illegal) and not resort to insults when they are clearly in the wrong and if you cannot see that what you said was an insult then I suggest you should think again.
To win an argument you need to be clear,factual and logical,none of which applies to your posts so heh guess what? You lose!
PS it might also help if you brushed up on your grammar and spelling too!( need a clue? Your or you're - get it?)

As the forum's self-appointed schoolma'am, it's a shame your punctuation, spacing and grammar aren't as clued up as you believe your spelling to be :lol:

Hasn't it ever occurred to you that there should be a space after each punctuation mark? Need a clue? Commas - get it? And that there there should be a space before the first of a set of brackets...and not after the bracket?
:lol: Priceless :lol:
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Yes Lloyd you are of course correct and I hold my hands up! I blame this Kindle of course! :oops: :D
Re the BREXIT negotiating team,may I remind you that there are over 100 on this team. Do you know who they all are? If not then I suggest you should not make such disparaging remarks about them.
Last edited by Poppy on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Wow!!! Roll on the School Holidays.
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

What could those leaders of 27 member states possibly know about running things ? NOTHING, they are told what they can and cannot do, and will and will not do, in their own countries, we in the UK are sick of it, hence Brexit !

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

So today we hear that Germany and France, you know, the ones who rule Europe, are set to refuse talks about our transition period until we settle our 'divorce bill'. That's just TWO member states, what about the other 25 states ? Merkel and her live out boy friend at it again. Yes let's walk away !!

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 am "a bit of planning" :lol:
Understatement or what? From the present bunch of nincompoops (sorry, Brexit negotiation team), who couldn't organse the proverbial p*** up in a brewery?
And you have evidence of this?
Royal wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 amWe are are Sovereign Nation dealing with second rate politicians from second rate countries who think that they are in positions of great power over 500Bn people. :lol:
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 am Gosh, just how deluded is it possible to be?
A political and economic union of 500bn people...what could the leaders of those 27 member states possibly know about running things? Not overlooking the fact that their currency is vibrant and resilient, while the UK's is wilting.
They are politicians who have never done a day's work in their lives. So they know nothing about running things.
Poppy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm Not sensitive at all WHL and I will continue to post on this forum even though you don't think I should.
May I just say to have a decent debate you or anyone else for that matter needs to accept when they are wrong( as in illegal) and not resort to insults when they are clearly in the wrong and if you cannot see that what you said was an insult then I suggest you should think again.
To win an argument you need to be clear,factual and logical,none of which applies to your posts so heh guess what? You lose!
PS it might also help if you brushed up on your grammar and spelling too!( need a clue? Your or you're - get it?)
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:16 am As the forum's self-appointed schoolma'am, it's a shame your punctuation, spacing and grammar aren't as clued up as you believe your spelling to be :lol:
Hasn't it ever occurred to you that there should be a space after each punctuation mark? Need a clue? Commas - get it? And that there there should be a space before the first of a set of brackets...and not after the bracket?
None of the examples you give relate to grammar, only to typing and which only denotes your competence in that and not grammar. So Poppy may have a point.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Honestly, some people really do like to get their knickers in a twist...

The UK is no more. Important a country, in world terms, than most other European countries. Some are better at some things than others.

Their elected heads may be politicians and I’m sure they’re not all master of running things, but that’s why you elect a government and a leader is chosen.... who heads a government that also has thousands of civil servants who actually do most of the advising and running, albeit to policies chosen by the government in power.

Theresa May, I’d argue, is one of the weakest and least capable leaders in Europe at this time and our Brexit negotiations are suffering as a result of her and her cabinet. Strong leadership sets strong positions and gains most respect.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:44 pm
Theresa May, I’d argue, is one of the weakest and least capable leaders in Europe at this time and our Brexit negotiations are suffering as a result of her and her cabinet. Strong leadership sets strong positions and gains most respect.
I agree and I've said this for months, in fact within a few weeks since she elected herself as PM. When she did this, I hoped she might be another Maggie. I gave her 10/10 to start with but it dropped to 9/10 within three days when she sent home all the French and Chinese bigwigs who had come for the soil-breaking ceremony at Hinkley Point C; I noticed that, with 6 weeks delay, she reversed her ideas, but the bigwigs stayed at home! Little by little, she eroded my remaining 9/10 and, today, I generously rate her ½/10. The ½-point is because she is a champion at platitudes!

The real problem is that there is no-one in her cabinet with the qualifications to make a better job of leading the country (nor in the other parties!). How come we have raised a generation of nincompoop-politicians? Or is the problem with the civil servants advising them?
exodus

Post by exodus »

Devil wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:22 pm
I agree and I've said this for months, in fact within a few weeks since she elected herself as PM. When she did this, I hoped she might be another Maggie. I gave her 10/10 to start with but it dropped to 9/10 within three days when she sent home all the French and Chinese bigwigs who had come for the soil-breaking ceremony at Hinkley Point C; I noticed that, with 6 weeks delay, she reversed her ideas, but the bigwigs stayed at home! Little by little, she eroded my remaining 9/10 and, today, I generously rate her ½/10. The ½-point is because she is a champion at platitudes!

The real problem is that there is no-one in her cabinet with the qualifications to make a better job of leading the country (nor in the other parties!). How come we have raised a generation of nincompoop-politicians? Or is the problem with the civil servants advising them?
Devil wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:22 pm

No shortage of qualified and suitable candidates outside of the cabinet.
Jacop Rees Mogg for one.
Mrs May will soon be history because the Brexit talks look like breaking down.
Amos.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I understand what you are saying Jim but I really don't see Theresa May as weak. She was a remainer I believe but seems to have thrown her all in trying to achieve what the majority voted for unlike David Cameron who just spat his dummy out. She has had to deal with so much since coming into power not just BREXIT and I believe that in the main she should be congratulated. As to BREXIT negotiations suffering due to what you perceive to be her weakness, do you not think it just could be due to all the Remainers ( including the Media) trying to put a spoke in the wheel instead of accepting a democratic decision and this is just playing into the EU's hands?

BREXIT will be achieved and if not as successful as we would have hoped will surely be down to this terrible anti- British extremism.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Varky wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm They are politicians who have never done a day's work in their lives. So they know nothing about running things.
Sorry, but that´s not true. E. g. Merkel had been working as a physical chemist for 11 years before she became a member of Parliament (btw she is holding a doctorate in physics) . Macron used to be a banker.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm Macron, are you sure he was a banker?
Yes. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Macron
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Couldn't find the post but someone wrote that Britain is a major player and other countries will be queuing up to to trade with us.
Read this, especially the 3rd paragraph
http://www.politico.eu/article/us-round ... eepen/amp/
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Varky

Post by Varky »

jeba wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:31 pm
Varky wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm They are politicians who have never done a day's work in their lives. So they know nothing about running things.
Sorry, but that´s not true. E. g. Merkel had been working as a physical chemist for 11 years before she became a member of Parliament (btw she is holding a doctorate in physics) . Macron used to be a banker.
Exactly what I said. A banker can hardly be classed as running things. Running things into a complete mess if the last 10 years has anything to go by. A Doctorate is hardly a qualification for running things, although I would not class Merkel as one of those who doesn't know how to run things.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

There you go again "fears of" no hard fact.

Jackie
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Well said Lloyd.... Strange that you present more evidence, facts, links in your posts than anyone on here.... yet get accused of not!

FACT. Brexit is becoming more, rather than less acceptable as it continues. A hard brexit is now going to be the ONLY option.

Divorces where NO agreements were ever made and lawyers imposed solutions, are regarded as ACRIMONIUS. In those circumstances, the ongoing hatred affects everyone near it and everyone suffers.

As Lloyd says, a self-inflicted death by a thousand cuts. Rule Britannia....
Last edited by Jimgward on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

Sorry I don't have time at present to go through all your points, but just one jumps out at me, i.e. low wages. My Son and Daughter are caught in the Austerity Trap, this is nothing to do with Brexit, they both deserve a huge pay rise, in effect the 1% pittance that they have been receiving is in fact a cut in pay in real terms. They can both have other people's lives in their hands, it's a disgrace.

Jackie
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Austerity is a government response to get the poorest to pay for the problems of the richest. Nothing more. It is based on convincing the country that the debt build-up means we have to live within our means. Yet MPs, in the same timescale, award themselves austerity-busting rises. The actual UK is much less than publicised, as it doesn’t count money OWED to the UK. So, it isn’t net debt. Also, much of the debt is to the BoE - a government-owned institution. All smoke and mirrors.

Sadly, the greatest receipients of austerity are public service workers like nurses, doctors, teachers and the like. The very ones we need to actually run the country for the majority of people. At the same time, over the past 10 years, the rich have got much richer. Austerity actually helps the rich, as wages are pegged and profits rise....
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

No HiC, we’re just sick of reading & responding to your depressingly repetitive garbage!

Shane