Blood tests at Paphos General.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Blood tests at Paphos General.

Post by josef k »

My brain seems to have turned to mush.

When I go to the General for blood tests (I have the sheet from the doctor), do I have to register at the main reception, and get the strip of stickers? Or do I go straight to the blood test reception for my blood phials?

I know I have to stop off at the stamp window to pay and get my stamps first.

I should know this but perhaps I am getting old.
Flyer

Re: Blood tests at Paphos General.

Post by Flyer »

No need to register, just go to the blood test part
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

If you have a blood test sheet to go for a blood test can you still go nor the NHS system is in operation?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re " the NHS system is in operation? " my wife had a blood test at a private place on Wednesday and asked if it could be done under the Gesy system.. The lady said she did not know what my wife was talking about and my wife had to pay €115 .. :-(
Trev..
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Probably not in the Gesy system then, Trev.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Has anyone had blood test under Gesy yet ?

This is supposed to be the cost “Laboratory tests will also cost €1, while the total maximum charge per class of laboratory tests is €10.”

Is the stamp system still in use ?
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Mrblobby wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 am Has anyone had blood test under Gesy yet ?

This is supposed to be the cost “Laboratory tests will also cost €1, while the total maximum charge per class of laboratory tests is €10.”

Is the stamp system still in use ?
We went to our GESY doctor who entered all the blood test descriptions into the GESY system and gave us A4 printouts of the various tests.

I had four pages and my wife had three.

We went to the Iasis, no queue, walked straight in, handed over the A4 pages and had our bloods taken. About five minutes. Then paid cash €1 per test.

Later that day the results arrived in our doctors and our own GESY accounts. Had a look, very understandable, nothing to worry about.

Brilliant system.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Alewfin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:45 am

We went to our GESY doctor who entered all the blood test descriptions into the GESY system and gave us A4 printouts of the various tests.

I had four pages and my wife had three.

We went to the Iasis, no queue, walked straight in, handed over the A4 pages and had our bloods taken. About five minutes. Then paid cash €1 per test.

Later that day the results arrived in our doctors and our own GESY accounts. Had a look, very understandable, nothing to worry about.

Brilliant system.
So was it €1 per box ticked , if yes do they stick to the €10 limit ?

Do you still have to go early for blood test ? And not eat beforehand ?
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:09 am Re " the NHS system is in operation? " my wife had a blood test at a private place on Wednesday and asked if it could be done under the Gesy system.. The lady said she did not know what my wife was talking about and my wife had to pay €115 .. :-(
You have to go to a Lab that has signed up with Gesy, I had blood tests for ten different things last week, for the cost of ten euro.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Yes, it's one €1 per box ticked on the form.

Don't know if they stick to the €10 limit per sheet because ours were spread over several sheets being different categories of blood tests. Even so it was only €11 for eleven tests.

We went to the Iasis at 9 o'clock for fasting blood tests. And yes we didn't eat beforehand being a Diabetic blood tests. I believe they do blood tests from 8 o'clock but not certain. It's certainly not the bun fight that we had to contend with at the General and to a lesser degree at Polis hospital.

However, the 'blood lady' at the Iasis did say that nearly all the blood tests are now through GESY and queues could start developing which hitherto there had been none.

The assumption was that some people who had previously gone to the General for their bloods were now going to the private hospitals. The large number of cars parked outside the Evangalismos would suggest something similar is happening there too.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:09 am Re " the NHS system is in operation? " my wife had a blood test at a private place on Wednesday and asked if it could be done under the Gesy system.. The lady said she did not know what my wife was talking about and my wife had to pay €115 .. :-(
As far as I can tell, all the GESY Pharmacies have a big blue sign on the door saying GESY.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Alewfin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:21 am
As far as I can tell, all the GESY Pharmacies have a big blue sign on the door saying GESY.
Correct for pharmacies, but what is the situation regarding laboratories for blood tests? Do they also display the blue sign?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The blood lab my wife went to seemed to be saying she had no idea about Gesy.. But I would doubt there is anyone on the Island that has not heard of Gesy..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A bit confused as not sure if the blood test was requested by your GESY Personal Doctor or you went to the Laboratory direct to have the test done (iepersonal referral)? If the Laboratory is not registered with GESY then full prices would apply.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 am
Alewfin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:21 am
Correct for pharmacies, but what is the situation regarding laboratories for blood tests? Do they also display the blue sign?
If you go on the Gesy Website you will see a list for all labs in your area that are registered with Gesy, this is what we did, then phoned the Lab up to double check
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The blood test were not specified by a Gesy Doctor, hence my wife having to pay over €100.
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Brilliant system.
So I assume you both registered separately ?

Sorry for all the questions .
Last edited by Mrblobby on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Mrblobby wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:26 am

Brilliant system.
So I assume you both registered separately , as they told me only the main person can see their own results on line . And you can not see any other family you may have added . A pain really as you can not delete anyone and start again .

Sorry for all the questions .
Yes, both registered separately but with different email addresses. Also know each other's GESY logins.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks Alewfin , it finally clicked with me , Gesy is a two stage process , registration and enrolment .

I did a new registration for my wife , then when we got our verification codes both of us can see our medical records after separately logging in .
Last edited by Mrblobby on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We were not told about the records, but not to worry.. People will know what they have been prescribed and for what ailment, so you can write it down and put it in a file..
Trev..