Tea, Scones and Crocuses

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
PhotoLady

Tea, Scones and Crocuses

Post by PhotoLady »

That was our day today.....

A bit of shopping in the Spring sunshine (although only about 8 degrees Celsius) around the pretty market town of Poulton le Fylde, followed by scones, jam, clotted cream and a pot of tea at a new (to us) café we found tucked away behind St. Chad's parish church. The church yard and small cemetery there carries some gravestones going right back to 1750.

But what many people come to see at this time of year is the mass of purple and white crocus flowers that return year after year... they run the full length of the churchyard. They're just starting to get a little "droopy" as they've been open for a number of weeks.

"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Mark

Re: Tea, Scones and Crocuses

Post by Mark »

Well worth the visit judging by the pics.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Beautiful Jules. Thank you for taking the time to post. X

Maggie B
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Nice Jules! This area where we are is famed for its snowdrops I believe and there are just liads of them everywhere. Also saw the first daff today. The miniature ones are very popular here and have been out for a while but today was the first time we saw the big ones in bloom. athe banks to the castle are full of daffs so once they are all in bloom will make a great photo opportunity.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Whats this got to do with Paphos Life?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It hasn't - it's called General Discussion including photos 😉

You may want to read here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=810
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I take it neither merchant_banker or Austin7 read Dominic's post a week or so ago about the part of the forum he created for those of us no longer living in Cyprus?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Apparently not , but I saw the post you are talking of.

Trev..
Trev..
Galini

Post by Galini »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10 pm
merchant_banker wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:57 am Whats this got to do with Paphos Life?
Quite agree - and nothing to do with Paphos General Discussion!

So don't bother reading the post then ;)

Aside from the fact that Dominic addressed this issue earlier in the week, surely if you are not interested in a topic then the easiest thing to do is not both reading it? Or am I missing something ?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It's just the wooden spoon brigade again.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Actually I think they have a point. I am not sure if there is a way of keeping everybody happy, but this site is supposed to be primarily of interest to people in Cyprus. Now, posts regarding British pensions scandals are relevent, as they may well effect people living here. But pictures you take while out on a walk in the UK? I don't know. What do people think?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Dominic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm Actually I think they have a point. I am not sure if there is a way of keeping everybody happy, but this site is supposed to be primarily of interest to people in Cyprus. Now, posts regarding British pensions scandals are relevent, as they may well effect people living here. But pictures you take while out on a walk in the UK? I don't know. What do people think?
Why should somebody who has decided to return to the UK continually post threads and pictures on more than one Paphos forum? Perhaps they didn't really want to go back and are clinging to a previous life? They still want to be part of the Paphos scene and want to be involved, even if it is from a distance. But in fairness to all Cyprus 'resident' forum members, I think such 'external' input should be controlled in some way. How I am not sure?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Dominic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm Actually I think they have a point. I am not sure if there is a way of keeping everybody happy, but this site is supposed to be primarily of interest to people in Cyprus. Now, posts regarding British pensions scandals are relevent, as they may well effect people living here. But pictures you take while out on a walk in the UK? I don't know. What do people think?
You could call it "Recently Departed" - that should give everyone something to think about ;-)

And to "surreyboy" - no, we didn't leave Cyprus after a little over 12yrs through entirely personal choice. My father was very sick and sadly, passed away just 6 months after our return to UK last April. So now we're here to support my Mum which was the reason we left Limassol and Cyprus. I have no other siblings or relatives to do that....

However, we still have many friends and colleagues we left behind when we left Cyprus and the reason we stay in touch.

Our original inclination to live in Paphos left us a couple of years before we made our move to Cyprus :| so we chose Limassol instead.

We would have left Cyprus eventually but probably a couple of years later down the line.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

That's why I posted the thread: Sun, fresh fish, relax - Paphos, it should not be
sarcastic but.....
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

And a non-resident is the third highest poster after Dominic and Cyprus Grump....???????
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

surreyboy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 pm And a non-resident is the third highest poster after Dominic and Cyprus Grump....???????
I don't get your point. We have a lot of members who are UK based.

Anyhow, this thread is now in the "Beyond Cyprus" forum. I have posted in the same forum myself.

If people still don't like non Cyprus content, I can create a group which you can join that will hide it, in much the same way you can block politics.

There, that should keep everybody happy.

Ho ho ho, made myself laugh then. :lol:
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Well I think those that complained are a load of miserable stero type expats. Many of us who are happy to have returned to the UK for all sorts of reasons are bound to feel a huge gap after living in Paphos for 10,12 years whatever. We post and still follow the forums because we are still interested in life in Cyprus and might have hoped that cyprus residents may have been just a little interested in what is happening in their home country but obviohsly not. Mark my words that many of you miserable blighters will be returning yourselves . Never say never.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I certainly don't want anybody to feel unwelcome here, no matter where they post from.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

You have a good week end too Lifesabeach. As I said I lived in Cyprus for 10 years so I do speak some greek although not as much as I perhaps should. I did not call everyone miserable blighters just those that cannot be a little more understanding of someone who has experienced a traumatic last 12 months and just needs to chat and post regardless of where they live. Is that really so bad? I can speak from experience that the said poster has always been helpful and informative on all the forums and does not deserve such downright nastiness.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surreyboy

External input should be controlled ? Well why not just ban us ! We have lived in Cyprus for many years, and I feel that our input is just as important as yours.

I did find it ironic that you call yourself Surreyboy, where in Cyprus is that ?

Jules

I love your pics, carry on !!

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.