Mag 254 set up.

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
El tel

Mag 254 set up.

Post by El tel »

I have my mag 254 and I am struggling to set it up for TV reception. Can anyone tell me in simple terms what the procedure is , I have looked on the Internet and that confused me even more ! I note that some of the instructions on screen do not match what is on the remote control. For example they show an exit key on the screen which does not exist on the remote. I would add that I have the genuine Infomir product. I know you have to give the Mac code to the provider then they send you a link but I am struggling to save the link.
Please note that I have contacted the provider but I am unable to proceed any further on the information given. I would like to test it works before I come out to Cyprus in May . I thought I was reasonably competent on all things electronic but this has defeated me. Thanks.

Terry
Mrblobby

Re: Mag 254 set up.

Post by Mrblobby »

Have you tried watching the guides on YouTube ? There are lots of them , here is one .

Attachments
Mag remote
Mag remote
image.jpg (73.65 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thanks for the feedback , yes I have the newer remote control , will sit down this weekend and crack it !!

Terry
El tel

Post by El tel »

SPAM, think I have resolved it , message comes up " no service " contact SPAM.

Terry
El tel

Post by El tel »

SPAM , Thankyou it is working perfectly with an excellent picture. Thanks for all your help it is strange that the remote has been changed but the instructions on screen refer to the old remote with buttons that do not exist on the new remote.
I cannot remember if I have asked this before but what minimum download speed would you recommend in Cyprus.

Terry
El tel

Post by El tel »

once set up the mag is much easier to use than an android box. I like how on SPAM the films are in date order. One general question to everybody , what NTP server do you use in Cyprus ? I am assuming the one I use in the UK will de different to Cyprus. Thanks.

Terry