rum

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
manxie

rum

Post by manxie »

a friend asked me to bring him some mount gay rum when I come over next week is it on sale in paphos area to save weight on hold luggage
Mike.1940

Re: rum

Post by Mike.1940 »

I do believe I have seen it in "the tobacco shop" along the front near the harbour. Get your friend to have a look as all the spirits that they sell are definitely cheaper than tax free from the UK and cheaper than you can buy on entry at the airport.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We were quite surprised a month ago when we flew to the Channel Islands to visit our friend on her 60th birthday in Jersey. She asked us to get her some Bacardi at Liverpool airport duty free. We checked the airport website and the prices were much more expensive than she had indicated to us.

However, when we got there we picked up 2 x 1L bottles for £22 and as we could purchase again on our way back, we grabbed 2 x 1L bottles of Gordon's Gin at Jersey duty free for the same price.

But travelling to and from EU countries of course, is not as cheap. We almost always found it was cheaper to buy Bombay Sapphire in Lysiotis supermarket in Limassol than in the airport duty free shop.

So I guess it depends where in the world Manxie is travelling from.... not that you need to tell us! I'm not fishing for info, just something perhaps to consider.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
smudger

Post by smudger »

No knowledge of the Mount Gay rum, but in general, Cycleband on the Polis road, now named Ikaogoura (apologies for spelling) is good for spirits. I get Bacardi there for €13.25 (I think, def €13....something), can't get it under € 16 anywhere else, including Theo's. Only problem is supplies seem to be a bit hit and miss so I stock up when it's there! Brill place also for pet food and cleaning supplies.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

The customer service in Cycleband is excellent - always a warm welcome,