The Trump Presidential address.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
geoffreys

The Trump Presidential address.

Post by geoffreys »

If his speech had been made by the British PM, it would have made me even more proud to be British!
A superb speech, which will bode well for all the western world.
Geoff.
Lynsab

Re: The Trump Presidential address.

Post by Lynsab »

My god...

He wants to start an agency called VOICE which will list crimes committed by immigrants on Americans....a bit like that white supremacist Bannon that he put in the White House who started a 'black list' in Brietbart news......

The Nazis did the same re Jewish crimes in the 1930's..

Will Trump publish a weekly list of Americans shot dead by Americans. About 10,000 a year! Doubt it as that won't help him ban immigrants...will he make the news up as he believes attacks by immigrants are being kept quiet...?

Typical Trump speech but this time read from a script. The only thing obviously missing was his attacking the media.

Praises himself in Mussolini stance (look at any image of Mussolini giving a speech, the same narcissist as Trump) about what he has already "achieved" - in reality zilch - and then praises himself about what he will achieve - no detail as to how he will pay for anything.

God help America....
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Lynsab wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am My god...

He wants to start an agency called VOICE which will list crimes committed by immigrants on Americans....a bit like that white supremacist Bannon that he put in the White House who started a 'black list' in Brietbart news......

Will Trump publish a weekly list of Americans shot dead by Americans. About 10,000 a year! Doubt it as that won't help him ban immigrants...will he make the news up as he believes attacks by immigrants are being kept quiet...?

Typical Trump speech but this time read from a script. The only thing obviously missing was his attacking the media.

Praises himself in Mussolini stance (look at any image of Mussolini giving a speech, the same narcissist as Trump) about what he has already "achieved" - in reality zilch - and then praises himself about what he will achieve - no detail as to how he will pay for anything.

God help America....
We know you can't stand the man - to just keeping slagging him off achieves nothing, and makes you look "bonkers" (your word!)
not him.
Geoff.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

geoffreys wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:37 am
Lynsab wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am My god...

God help America....
We know you can't stand the man - to just keeping slagging him off achieves nothing, and makes you look "bonkers" (your word!)
not him.
You churned out similar rubbish about Farage/UKIP.
Geoff.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So, why don't you refute her points, rather than just brand them as rubbish?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Dominic wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 am So, why don't you refute her points, rather than just brand them as rubbish?
I would do if I thought it would achieve anything.
But I have been at the sharp end of this women's wrath myself, as well as Farage, UKIP, Trump, etc.
Some of her attacks have been libellous - I am not prepared to reduce myself to that sort of "debate" which
just tends to be a Lyn slanging match.
Have you noticed she never has a good word to say about anyone.
Geoff.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ok, I will remind everybody though that this is the politics for moderates section. I am happy to move threads to the regular Politics section for a more robust debate, but in the Moderate section please keep things moderate.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Interesting in how he manages to make these speeches, given there's been an ongoing train of thought that the man doesn't read anything if he can help it:

Very interesting around the 8 minutes mark....

And another:
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

Donald Trump prompted gasps of horror last night as he announced a new office for 'Victims of Immigration Crime' in his first speech to Congress.

The President said the office, to operate as part of the Department of Homeland Security, will provide "a voice to those who have been ignored by our media, and silenced by special interests."

Democrats, who had remained largely silent throughout Trump's speech, let out a collective groan.

Many immediately expressed anger at the proposed measure.

Trump, who brought family members who had a relative murdered by an undocumented immigrant to the speech, was accused of using immigrants as scapegoats.

Democrat Bernie Sanders said: "The murder of anyone is a tragedy, and our hearts go out to all families who lose a loved one to violence."

Read Donald Trump's first address to Congress in full as he announces creation of 'Immigrant Crime' office

"But let’s be clear about what Donald Trump is doing tonight in inviting family members who saw a loved one murdered by an undocumented immigrant.

"He is stirring up fear and hatred against immigrants and trying to divide our nation."

More here...http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/d ... responsive