Cardboard postal boxes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Robert

Cardboard postal boxes

Post by Robert »

I need to send some items back to the UK periodically and so am looking for a source of inexpensive postal boxes. We tried Jumbos but they only had bags. Does anybody have a suggestions?

This is the type of thing we're looking for but doesn't have to be PostOffice branded.
PhotoLady

Re: Cardboard postal boxes

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm assuming you already asked at your post office?
They were very cheap as I recall - and they're yellow...

Depending on the amount of stuff you need to put in them, we found pizza boxes came in very handy. We used to get them new from our local takeaway, so that's worth an ask too ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Robert

Post by Robert »

PhotoLady wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:21 pm I'm assuming you already asked at your post office?
They were very cheap as I recall - and they're yellow...
The Tala Post Office doesn't seem to sell anything and only seems to be a sorting office.

I was also in the Paphos District Post Office the other day and couldn't see them anywhere but I also could be going blind. Didn't ask anyone though as thought they'd be displayed. I'll pop in and ask.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yes, you need to go to a "proper" post office and ask, although they do usually have them displayed somewhere behind glass or getting dusty on a shelf because they're not very good at advertising them ;-)

We lived in Limassol and had our own post office in the village we lived in at Ypsonas but the one at Polemidia not far from the General Hospital was our main office for 9yrs before we got the village one because we got classed as a suburb...

No prices here, but:
https://www.cypruspost.post/en/eidi-siskeuasias

Packaging Material

You may purchase packaging material at all Post Offices, suitable to satisfy every need, at very affordable prices. There are:

Carton boxes in 7 different sizes
Bubble envelopes in 4 different sizes
A’ Priority envelopes
Last edited by PhotoLady on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Spock

Post by Spock »

Empty shoe boxes might fit the bill. I'm sure the shoe shops have loads going spare if you ask.
Boldly going......