EAC Accesss

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PolemIan

EAC Accesss

Post by PolemIan »

We are currently looking at having the sliding metal gate at the front of our upgraded so it's powered - to save all that tiresome getting out of the car to open and close it, well for Mrs W anyway! One minor problem is that the EAC meter is on the house side of the gate. I will email EAC about it anyway, but it's been suggested that if there is a PIN access for the gate, they can use one, maybe the They use the same one everywhere so the meter readers know what to do. Has anybody else had experience of this potential problem?

Thanks.

Ian
Polemi Dave

Re: EAC Accesss

Post by Polemi Dave »

Ian
This is obviously to stop all your charity customers and the good people of Polemi dropping by for a coffee and a beer unannounced. :roll:

Having electric gates and using them, is so not Polemi. You won't get the free fruit/ vegetables and eggs, the locals will think you are Russian. :o
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Ian

Maybe you like to this option from EAC:

https://www.eac.com.cy/EN/CustomerServi ... ading.aspx
J B

Post by J B »

How are you expecting other 'visitors' to get in?

;)
J B
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Polemi Dave wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm Ian
This is obviously to stop all your charity customers and the good people of Polemi dropping by for a coffee and a beer unannounced. :roll:

Having electric gates and using them, is so not Polemi. You won't get the free fruit/ vegetables and eggs, the locals will think you are Russian. :o
I've had electric gates in Polemi for three years, still get lots of fruit, eggs, vegetables and wine. I'm pleased to say!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

It's very Polemi to have electric gates and NOT use them Dave!

Simple for visitors, just a call button.

Ok so online meter reading submission looks like and option. Thanks.

Ian
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm It's very Polemi to have electric gates and NOT use them Dave!
Ian
If we did that how would the hunters shoot the purdika in the garden. :lol: More than once we have come home to find a vehicle parked in our drive, the owner working in a field nearby. Thankfully we don't have to lock our doors most often, just too poor to have anything to steal. :lol:
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dave, I know you want to to ask... what's a Purdika?
Royle

Post by Royle »

Think you will find that eac require 24 hr access, cant see them accepting a pin number you need to speak with them
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:19 pm Dave, I know you want to to ask... what's a Purdika?
Ian with your coffee shop pals, I would have thought you might have known that. The experts on hunting in Polemi are our beloved Muchtar and his brother Telemikos.
Purdika is the "chukka Partridge" hunted (with dogs) in November and December. During January and February it is the "Chikla" season". Hunters wait under trees (no dogs) for very little birds to come to them, whereupon they get blasted to almost nothing. Hunting Chikla is no where near as popular as hunting Purdika and Lagos (Cyprus hare).

Mrs PD and I have been trying to think why anyone would want gates that close and the only thing we can come up with is "skinny dipping" :oops:
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

To keep wayward basset hounds from stealing Ellie's favourite bone.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Mrs PD and I have been trying to think why anyone would want gates that close and the only thing we can come up with is "skinny dipping" :oops:
[/quote]

Gates to keep the dog in, power for ease of use for Mrs W. I'm very considerate. I originally estimated she'd get fed up of opening and closing the gate within 18 months of us moving in. i was 1 week out.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

chatsworth wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm To keep wayward basset hounds from stealing Ellie's favourite bone.
He's not wayward, just misunderstood!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Thanks HIC, i read the process yesterday seems pretty straightforward, the meter reading is, as you say, reasonably predictable within a couple of days, so as long as they do actually leave the calling card as a trigger if we aren't around to spot them, all should be fine. If I have to speak to a humanoid, hopefully not an endless wait on hold as was with EDF et al back in the UK.
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 pm No Ian, they don't don't leave a calling card (far too efficient for Cyprus!) And no, the wait with EAC is usually minimal...and they're always polite and helpful. If they send you an estimated bill they may also send you a separate automated letter (in Greek) chastising you for not making entry available, but I just chuck them in the bin and nothing ever happens :lol:
I think Ian has net metering and he probably does not want an estimated bill. If for example they estimate his PV generation low (which they almost certainly would) he may well end up paying for electricity he did not use. Once paid there are no refunds.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

A quick update. Read the info at the earlier link which made sense, but as we were in Paphos this afternoon and figuring that the EAC office would be quiet - it was - we decided to call in, play dumb (easy!) and ask about this. The nice lady in the One Stop Shop section, understood exactly what were talking about and after looking up our meter number, gave us a contact name and number to ring through our meter readings - rather than calling a contact centre or completing an online form. So let's see what happens in April!

Ian
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Further update for those you may have a similar problem in the future. Rang through the meter readings to the contact we were given on there date we were asked to call them through, and the bill has turned up via email as normal Nice one EAC.

Ian