UKIP, it's all over!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Mark

UKIP, it's all over!

Post by Mark »

Do we need this rudderless ship anymore?

They should have won Stoke, but lack of leadership, inexperience and a failure to produce a local creditable candidate, all went against them.

Now that Brexit is imminent, UKIP's work is done, it is ironic that as a party, it has greater representation in Europe than in the UK.

As a party it is incapable of running national government.

As a party it has no leadership.

This is not written to wind up Geoff, who I respect greatly.

Methinks it's time to return to 3 main parties, 4 in The rest of the UK
kingfisher

Re: UKIP, it's all over!

Post by kingfisher »

UKIP needs to be around until we are OUT of the EU, and it is EUthanased....
Mark

Post by Mark »

kingfisher wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm UKIP needs to be around until we are OUT of the EU, and it is EUthanased....
Love the Euthanised!!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why would you want the EU "euthanised"? I can understand wanting out, but why would you want it destroyed?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Post by Mark »

EUthanise UKIP, not the EU, was what was intended.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I for one hope the EU survives and prospers.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Mark wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:41 pm I for one hope the EU survives and prospers.
I agree, and not just because I live in Cyprus!
Mark

Post by Mark »

I agree Dominic, but the post is about the future, or not of UKIP, what are your views?
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

UKIP has achieved its main objectives but now stands at a political crossroad .............. it needs to find an identity outside of Brexit & immigration to survive, otherwise the people that converted to it will quickly go back to their original voting preferences & the legacy of Nigel Farrage will be consigned to the history books!

Shane
Mark

Post by Mark »

Think that's what will happen Shane, Farage is the glue that held UKIP together, without him, the glue will melt.
Who knows which of the other parties will attract the UKIP voter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Mark wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 pm I agree Dominic, but the post is about the future, or not of UKIP, what are your views?
I think UKIP is a protest party. It has served it's purpose, and once Brexit gets fully underway, it will fade away. Their day to day policies are just populist soundbites, and I don't think people would want them to actually govern them.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dominic wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 pm
Mark wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 pm I agree Dominic, but the post is about the future, or not of UKIP, what are your views?
I think UKIP is a protest party. It has served it's purpose, and once Brexit gets fully underway, it will fade away. Their day to day policies are just populist soundbites, and I don't think people would want them to actually govern them.
Agreed, they will be protesting against each other soon, whilst Farage is golfing in Turnbery, at Trumps expense, hitting his balls in the direction of Europe, hoping one of them will hit Junker, but to no avail.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

You need the Dutch to fail first, & if they do then you need the French to the fail which could be catastrophic for the EU if the Dutch fail! Then you need Germany to fail if the Dutch fail & the French fail or if the Dutch fail & the French don't :?

Basically, Germany will do whatever they have to in order to secure the future of the European Union & the Euro because they are the biggest beneficieries of the block they control! :roll:

Shane
Mark

Post by Mark »

It would appear very few people have an opinion????
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Opinions are like farts-so hard to hold em in. When one slips, everyone's going to know it- and at least one person is gonna leave the room.
And everyone has 'em, likes their own and hates everyone else's...
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Well,anyway, in my opinion(!) it was mostly Nigel- and he has done a great job, altho' like Bomber Harris, it will probably take half a century before he's posthumously credited with saving civilization and given a statue. Yes, UKIP should be euthanased after we are safely out of the EU, (as it only splits the right).....
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

UKIP RIP please! :|

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

UKIP, rather than a credible political party, deliberately poached and attracted the radical, weird and outisght bigoted and extreme right, along with the normal disaffected and unattached....

They also allowed some absolute bangers to rise within its ranks. Add to that Farage and his forte for controversial, plus being photographed and attributed to some frankly racist statements.

Many people believe in the extreme and so will continue with their support for the ideals of their supposed party in UKIP. Many see and saw only positives about UKIP and ignored the negatives (are you there Geoff?) The reality is that the existing parties have factions supporting the viewpoint of everyone but the extreme. But UKIP, not being responsible and having no power, has been vastly over-respresented in U.K. Politics for too long. It's time they went back under their stones.
Pete G

Post by Pete G »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am They also allowed some absolute bangers to rise within its ranks. Add to that Farage and his forte for controversial, plus being photographed and attributed to some frankly racist statements.
So I keep hearing, however people I've met seem a bit flummoxed when called on for an example. Just as a matter of interest, what would you consider to be the most egregiously racist statement that has been [correctly] attributed to Farage, for any reasonably correct usage of the word?

Because I can't think of a one, offhand
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

Nigel Farage may insist UKIP is not a racist party, so why does it attract so many racists?

Some expelled or sacked ex ukippers..

Rozanne Duncan
Ken Chapman
Dave Small
James Elgar
Andre Lampitt
William Henwood
Joseph Quirk
Gerard Batten
Magnus Neilson
Harry Perry.... Former Offerton councillor Harry Perry’s Twitter feed is astonishing. As well as prolific sharing of material about the ‘sin of feminism’ and the ‘disease’ of homosexuality, Perry is obsessed with the idea of ‘white genocide’:
Eric Kitson
David William Griffith
Ron northcott
Donald Grewar

Just some of his gaffes..
Farage sails close to the wind...his biggest recent gaff being that infamous poster of Syrian refugees when he campaigning to leave the EU...Users on social media were quick to compare the advert to a Nazi propaganda film with similar visuals and featuring Jewish refugees

Once asked if a group of Romanian men moved in next to you, would you be concerned....I think you would be,” he told LBC radio during an interview. Asked whether he would also object to living next to German children, he said: “You know the difference.”

He blamed immigration on being stuck on the M4.... :roll:
People who do not have HIV...can enter the uk...
Suggesting that Chinese are called a certain slur normally...
Parts of the uk like a foreign land...hearing foreign voices on the train..

Then we go onto how he thought breast feeding women should sit in a corner, he suggests there is no gender pay gap or discrimination as women in the work place are ' worth less.. :roll:

He's loathsome...and to be pals with the Orange narcissist mysognistic racist across the Atlantic...not surprised..