The historical buildings of Paphos will be illuminated at a cost of almost half a million euros

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tonee

Re: The historical buildings of Paphos will be illuminated at a cost of almost half a million euros

Post by tonee »

Have they fixed the elevator yet?Watching people struggle up that hill in 90 degree heat in the height of the summer does no favours.Shame really.
Lofos-Jan

Re: The historical buildings of Paphos will be illuminated at a cost of almost half a million euros

Post by Lofos-Jan »

No. I struggled up it the other day. Nothing to do with the heat though - more to do with my fitness level! There were some workmen there though which may be a good sign.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

They've been there on and off for a while now so don't get your hopes up!

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:53 pm In all our time here we barely set foot in the old town. Since the redevelopment works, we go there a lot, I’m on mission to find the best carrot cake and coffee combo but that’s another story, so I can’t really compare if it’s busier or not. What I can say is that we had friends over recently and had a lovely morning going in many of the shops, chatting to the retailers, the lacy in the Carob shop in the Khan was very interesting to talk to. The conclusion we came to was that more needs to be done to encourage both a) locals to visit and b) tempt our tourist visitors up from the harbour area so they are visiting more of Paphos, not just AI hotels and bars. So I think I’m all in favour of lighting things up, to make it look good to tempt people up town, the suggestion of a shuttle bus would be a good one, and places like the Kahn should have events to get people up there - one on Saturday in fact that I hope to go to. Worked in London for many years, not a fan in day time, but looks great at night. Also agree with the comments about the walkway, but I imagine there some contractual issues going in there. From what I understand, the point about central v council budgets is spot on in respect of the hospital.

Ian
That is a noble mission.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There is a nice big carpark behind the mosque that is barely used. If you park there you won't need to go up any hill.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We noticed that they had put some more Glass into the new lift at the top, so it just might get finished....some time. :roll:
All things are possible
josef k

Post by josef k »

Dominic wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:43 am There is a nice big carpark behind the mosque that is barely used. If you park there you won't need to go up any hill.
And it's free!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And it's even on the ace virtual tour of Old Town. :)

http://www.oldpafos.com/showcase/moutal ... ue_carpark