Dog friendly restaurants ??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Dog friendly restaurants ??

Post by trevnhil »

Are there any dog friendly restaurant in the Paphos or Coral Bay area ?. Relatives of ours are soon to be staying in Coral Bay, and we would like to go out with them for a few meals whilst they are here.
But we would like to be able to take our well behaved dog with us as well.. I do realise that we would be sat outside..

One that I already know of is the Sea Caves Restaurant ..
Trev..
Galini

Re: Dog friendly restaurants ??

Post by Galini »

Frog and Toad in Coral bay are very dog friendly
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks Galini, I will add that to my list.

I also know that dogs are welcome at the outside area of the Paradise restaurant in Chloraka
Trev..
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Arabica just past the traffic lights where the Royal Artemis walk in centre is on the Coral Bay road. Not a restaurant but they do have very nice snacks & freshly baked cakes & usually bring out a bowl of water & a doggie treat for 4 legged friends.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Santa Marina, Coral Bay has a large outside and shaded area. Friends, part of a larger group have taken their dogs there at lunch time, albeit mainly in the cooler part of the year when the place isn’t too busy. Unfortunately, Paphos isn’t in the main a dog friendly area.
When we had our dogs we seldom took them out with us in summer. The weather tends to be too hot and dogs don’t enjoy traveling in a hot car... We only took ours with us when say travelling up in the mountains or in places where they could enjoy a nice and safe walk.
Otherwise, they stayed at home under the fan, with their beds and toys or a few treats. They didn’t seem to mind being left and greeted us enthusiastically when we returned!

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Santa Marina, Coral Bay has a large outside and shaded area. Friends, part of a larger group have taken their dogs there at lunch time, albeit mainly in the cooler part of the year when the place isn’t too busy. Unfortunately, Paphos isn’t in the main a dog friendly area.
When we had our dogs we seldom took them out with us in summer. The weather tends to be too hot and dogs don’t enjoy traveling in a hot car... We only took ours with us when say travelling up in the mountains or in places where they could enjoy a nice and safe walk.
Otherwise, they stayed at home under the fan, with their beds and toys or a few treats. They didn’t seem to mind being left and greeted us enthusiastically when we returned!

Dee
Coopers

Post by Coopers »

We've taken our dog to onrio by the sea and had no problems
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We passed Oniro the other day. I should have looked in.

Re leaving the dog at home and not travelling in a hot car. I really so understand what you are talking about but unfortunately the dog has behavioural problems. They were probably made by us. He is one of the family and does not want to be left anywhere.. We cannot leave him at home unless he is in a big cage that we have... When he is in the car we do of course either have the windows open or have the aircon on. If we are shopping he walks in the shade with me whilst Hilary gets the shopping.

I know we still have hot months to come and we may have to alter our way of living.

But in the near future we will be out with family and he is part of that family.. So we need dog friendly places, or we leave him in the car. And I would never leave him in the car during the day time
Trev..
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Hello Trev

The Wild Boar (used to be called "The Welcome Inn") on the main road past Philipos both on the right hand side or the left if you are coming down the road from Kathikas, allow dogs if you sit outside which is covered overhead and provide fresh drinking water for the dog. Advise giving them a call first in the event there are a lot of our canine friends dining out on the same evening or lunch time. Telephone No.is 26 002 258 and they will give you a doggy bag if you dont eat all your meal yourself. My friends always take their dog with them with no problems.. Hope you find a few more and enjoy.

Rita
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Rita. I have been there when it was the Welcome Inn. The prices were very good as well as the food..
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 pm Santa Marina, Coral Bay has a large outside and shaded area. Friends, part of a larger group have taken their dogs there at lunch time, albeit mainly in the cooler part of the year when the place isn’t too busy. Unfortunately, Paphos isn’t in the main a dog friendly area.
Dee
Unless its been removed lately Santa Marina has a 'no dogs' sign at the entrance to the outside area, the last time we went some months ago. Apparently there was 'one' holiday makers complaint on tripadvisor, as we had been going there regularly for years, being turned away was annoying so we now go to Yialos.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Last time I went to Yialos they were quite rude and would not allow our dog outside. We had been there the previous year and it was no problem. I have been told that they have a no dog policy, has this changed now ? It is a great location for dog walkers.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

They no longer let dogs under the pergola part but ok under the tree, next to the field etc.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
memory man

Post by memory man »

We've been to Bonamare, which is close to Paphos airport
several times, but only during the daytime and every time
we have seen customers with their dogs.

It maybe changes in the evening :?:
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

A lovely location but a drive is Melanda Beach Taverna......they were dog friendly.......but it appears this season some places have changed their policies in respect of dogs 🐶
josef k

Post by josef k »

Personally I don't want dogs in restaurants, well behaved or not. The only place for animals in restaurants is on the plate. If I was going to a restaurant and saw dogs inside, I would move on to a dog free one.

I accept there needs to be some leeway for assistance dogs.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Josef k. I never asked for restaurants that allowed dogs INSIDE , in fact I specifically said " I do realise that we would be sat OUTSIDE.."

If you prefer your dogs on a plate then you are no friend of mine.. :-(
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

That makes three of us then !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Please leave your dogs at home, don't take them to Restaurants, would you do it in UK?

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes I would Alan... But of course only if the restaurant allowed dogs outside..
Trev..