MEU3 again!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Tuppence

MEU3 again!

Post by Tuppence »

We have always managed to deal with officialdom here in Cyprus ourselves. Last month we went to Immigration to make an appointment to get our MEU3s & were shocked to find that the waiting area has not improved in 9 years & people still have to queue outside along the corridor due to lack of space.

We were given the list of "recommended documents” which has the note that “the below mentioned documents are not all required in every case, nor individually, but as appropriate depending on the case”.

Since getting our appointment I have been reading numerous conflicting reports about what Immigration will & won’t accept. After reading Hic’s account of his recent experience at Immigration & not being sure what “our case” is we decided to bite the bullet & today went to see Gwenny. We now have peace of mind & once we have gathered together the documentation Gwenny will deal with everything on the day. To us it will be worth every euro!
JimX

Re: MEU3 again!

Post by JimX »

We have an appointment for this Friday, saying 12.30pm and told by the lady Notary to be very patient, I think we will now wait until a much later date to try and get this new requirement (if indeed it is needed), I remeber members of CL saying you needed an agent or Lawyer to get your title deeds, we did not have either of those and easily got the deeds after an hours wait and 14 years :)

Tuppence.

I agree with your comments they keep moving the goal post's why is Cypriot officialdom like this? it is like a badge to them.

Good luck with your quest and all members doing this, me I am going down to the beach. Life is too short
Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

A new months ago, I was speaking to Christina Smith of the BHC. She said that they knew that Paphos Immigration could be difficult especially about getting this MEU3A form. She told me what documents were actually required, which were only a short list.
She also said that people who are having difficulties regarding this procedure could inform the BHC as they need reports of what is happening with Paphos authority before they can take any action.

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I am following this topic on other FB groups and comments there are quite positive. One couple just took all the documents in March and received their new certificate less than four weeks later. Another couple who went in two days ago were given the list and the items required were encircled and when they queried that eg 5 years worth of bank statements were on the list but not encircled were told that it was not necessary, the list was just an indication of proof required and the electricity utility bill was sufficient proof.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

I,ve been looking into this MEU3 business for the last couple of months...I,ve been to the citizens advice,spent a zillion hours at the immigration office, phoned my lawer,spent hours online,and off course discussed it in length with the local bar room lawyers.
Still no one can tell me positively......

Do you HAVE to have one regardless of your status.
You may or may not need one depending on your situation here.
What sort of brexit deal goes through.
Don't get one it will just fade away.
Get one at all costs, you may regret it.

Mmmmmm,,,,,,
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Went to immigration this morning ,had an appointment at 10 am , got in at 9.45, copies of bank statements for 5 years , water rates ,passports,meu1 form and copy of a marriage certificate [not apostilled ] required .Had a photo taken,total cost 20 euros ,thought it would be more . Whole process took about an hour. Will receive our MEU3 in a couple of weeks . Proper job.
Lefkes.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yesterday we popped into the Immigration office just to make sure we had or will have all the details they require, this is the very latest list, should you like us be handling it without an agent. By the way, there were 4 couples in the queue at 10.30am.

Well done Lefkes :)
Attachments
sc (900 x 665).jpg
sc (900 x 665).jpg (108.16 KiB) Viewed 5245 times
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Someone told me that a friend was sent away for not having two lots of everything as a couple. No one else has mentioned this on here though. I find that hard to believe, unless they have separate bank accounts.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

The only thing we needed that we did not have were two meu3a application forms, one each for my wife and I. My wife quickly filled in one for herself while we were being interviewed so it was not a problem . We just had one copy of everything they asked for.
Lefkes.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Austin7 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 am On my official list is says Bank statements dating back five years OR Tax returns dating back 5 years.

The easiest way to provide utility bills for 5 years is to go to the Electricity Office (with a bill and passport) and they will immediately give you a printout covering bills/payments for the period required. Took about 15 minutes including waiting.
Also took me about 15 minutes to copy 5 years of bank statements.
Lefkes.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Our village president wrote a letter saying we had been living here continuously for 10 years. We also provided all the information listed above, the only difference being that we had to hand in original copies of bank statements, and utility bills. We also had to take in original copies of marriage certificate, passport, title deeds, yellow slip + photocopies of all these documents to leave with them.
tonee

Post by tonee »

The problem I have is all the bank and utility bills are all in my name,thats how it was done years ago,marriage certificate,passport,id card and yellow slip(twice) in joint names but the rest are in my name,so we will have to wait and see.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Our appointment this afternoon was for 12.30pm, the waiting room was full mainly with Agents with their clients, we were number 37/8 expecting a long waiting time, not so, all done and dusted back home at 1.15pm, why would you pay someone over €300?, we paid for the two of us €40's, the staff were friendly and happy to help, do not worry about doing this by yourselves, it is no problem providing you have all the correct documentation. (as posted above)
Jim.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Allesley wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm Our appointment this afternoon was for 12.30pm, the waiting room was full mainly with Agents with their clients, we were number 37/8 expecting a long waiting time, not so, all done and dusted back home at 1.15pm, why would you pay someone over €300?, we paid for the two of us €40's, the staff were friendly and happy to help, do not worry about doing this by yourselves, it is no problem providing you have all the correct documentation. (as posted above)
Good work Jim , as I said on a earlier post,straightforward.
Lefkes.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Has anybody thought what a song and dance this all is.As in what us ex pats have to do to stay on this island ,and some of us who have been here years.Not taking anything off the government here but putting countless millions in to it.

Can anyone (hypothetically of course ) explain what would happen if we all decided to b****r of back to the UK?
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Hang on happy in Cyprus,did the windrush people land in the Uk with millions to spend.Did the windrush people have an income already from where they came from and was available to spend in the UK.How on earth can you equate the two situations being the the same..
I,m saying nowt about the welfare state benefits that was available to the windrush people and what is available to us ex pats here.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Hudswell wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:59 pm Did the UK Government pause for one moment to consider what the Windrush generation contributed to the UK economy over the 60 years that they lived in the UK and contributed towards it's success?

Nope! Not one jot. In later years they just evicted them at any and every opportunity...in order to meet targets.

Never trust a politician!
HIC, quite frankly bollocks...scare mongering using an issue that has no relevance to expats in Cyprus...

Here here.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Someone somewhere is making a lot of money from the U.K. ex pat community nobody knows what how Brexit will effect any
ex pat in any European country .........I doubt if anything will change before Cyprus joined the EU you could only go into business if had a Cypriot partner 51% - 49% .............will this change !!!!
I’m sure the Cypriot’s see it quite comical the Brits rushing with their MUE3 were in the past they couldn’t have cared less......
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This thread is now in politics.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd hello..(agents fees)

I was actually quoted by an agent €157 each! cannot for the life of me see why you would pay to get this sorted.

I think this thread is for the masses on PL not tucked away in the political section, it is of serious interest to all ex-pats.
Jim.