Donaeld the Unready

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Donaeld the Unready

Post by Devil »

:D :D :D
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

I'll make a "moderate" political reply:
Geoff.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I read it, twice actually as the first time I failed to find it even remotely funny, same reaction the second time. As much as I dislike Trump and what he is advocating in America, this almost rabid bashing of him so soon into his Presidency is becoming a bit sick making.
keving

Post by keving »

I don't like bad humour. Not funny. I give bad humour a great big zero. Zero. Its sad. Big league sad.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:43 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:25 pmI read it, twice actually as the first time I failed to find it even remotely funny, same reaction the second time. As much as I dislike Trump and what he is advocating in America, this almost rabid bashing of him so soon into his Presidency is becoming a bit sick making.

Do you not for one moment suppose that Trump has shaped his own destiny?

If you leave yourself open to parody and ridicule - as Trump does regularly with his early-morning Tweets - then you will be parodied and ridiculed.
Do you mean is the behaviour of others is his fault/responsibility? A resounding No!
As Stated, I didn't find it remotely amusing. It's akin to children stamping their feet and throwing an epic tantrum. I dislike Trump and find his actions and many of his uttering, disgusting. However I also find it appalling that so many have gone for the jugular when his Presidency is in its infancy.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

:D :D :D

Not bad.
But this one is brilliant - been going for many years - DarthPutinKGB.

https://twitter.com/darthputinkgb

Darth Putin ‏@DarthPutinKGB
If Trump's tax records proved he has no business deals in Russia, we'd have given them to @wikileaks to release by now.

There was a brilliant one about Putin arriving in Greece, and a customs official asking him the question "occupation"?
To which he replies. "Not today. Just visiting". .. or something like this ) (shortly after Putin's occupation of Crimea and eastern Ukraine.)

Soviet Sergey is not bad either ))
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 pm Weird eh that they've done it for Trump, but not for Obama?

Oh hang on, the GOP were all over Obama's jugular: he wasn't born in the USA (they said), he was a muslim (they said), he was a muslim apologist (they said) and so on.

If Trump can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen. But even if he stopped tweeting, that might help.
You're making a giant leap assuming Trump is even remotely bothered. However it throws up another interesting thought, if he was driven off social media, would it be construed as the bullies winning, or righteous and just behaviour?
Did the GOP march through London with banners? Did they question the intelligence of voters? And a question for another thread, would Clinton be a better person given her questionable past?!