Windrush Ooh Aah

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
trevnhil

Re: Windrush Ooh Aah

Post by trevnhil »

What !!! Start telling 'Porkies' , or Go :-)
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

He can't start telling porkies: he does it whenever he opens his political mouth :(
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Diane Abbott a significant reason for not voting Labour.
She needs stronger medication.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Politicians scoring points, whatever next. I used to watch PMQs but no longer. Questions are never answered. Whenever MPs of both parties appear on a programme such as 'Daily Politics' all you get is the party line in response to questions and even when questions are rephrased in the hope of eliciting a clear response all you get is a repeat of what was said seconds before.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:43 pm Politicians scoring points, whatever next. I used to watch PMQs but no longer. Questions are never answered. Whenever MPs of both parties appear on a programme such as 'Daily Politics' all you get is the party line in response to questions and even when questions are rephrased in the hope of eliciting a clear response all you get is a repeat of what was said seconds before.
Mate I stopped believing in what Politicians say, about the same time as I stopped believing in Father Christmas,
Varky

Post by Varky »

Hudswell,
The destruction of the landing papers might have been signed off under a previous Labour government but the actual destruction of those papers was carried out under a Tory government. The original 'sign-off' probably never envisaged a more rigorous application of a policy against the Windrush immigrants as they were already considered to be legal (a fact confirmed by TM herself) and this rigorous application only happened when the Home Office under TM and AR started to apply the policy against them, as a soft target, as an attempt to achieve targets. Criticise Labour as much as you want but, at present, power lies with the Tory government and it is they that has egg on its face.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Hudswell wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:18 pm Yes they have egg on their faces for a mistake that they are putting right....whilst maintaining a rigourous immigration policy, which yes includes targets...something Labour seem a little confused about.
You can never resist getting a dig in about Labour, whether justified or not, can you? :evil: Even when it's out of context. :evil:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Corbyn was made to look a fool, he deliberately tired to cause embarrassment to Mrs May, and it backfired big time, good, it serves him right. If the issue wasn't so important, why did he ask the question in the first place ?

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Varky

Post by Varky »

The object of the opposition is to hold the government to account. It's no use the government (or Hudswell et al) pointing the finger at the opposition's shortcomings as they are not in power and have not been for some 10 years. The government has to get its own house in order.
Reference to targets is a smoke screen. All Illegal immigrants should be deported asap. If you achieve one year's target do you stop until another year commences. No you continue until all illegals are dealt with.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I think that's the whole issue Varky, illegal versus legaI. The Windrush immigrants were legal, invited to Britain to work here, as I understand it, they were issued with British passports, but later had them revoked. The illegal I immigrants we have now are not of The Windrush generation nor their descendants. The whole situation is a sorry mess.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Sorry folks, just catching up on this thread

"Loxley Man is leaving the building."

Bassman bites the dust yet again.
Last edited by smudger on Fri May 04, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Whoever he was, he was clearly an idiot.

And I see now, on PP, that he is trying to deny he was being racist. :lol:

That's even worse when you haven't even got the balls to stand by your own comments.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.