A Pleasant Surprise with DHL

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
AlanGW

A Pleasant Surprise with DHL

Post by AlanGW »

Since Amazon started expedited deliveries to Cyprus several years ago, UPS have delivered to the door but DHL have not, necessitating a 24km round trip to collect from their office.
On Monday I placed an order with Amazon.co.uk and another with Amazon.de, both with expedited delivery. Both orders were dispatched with DHL. This morning I received two text messages saying that the orders would be delivered this afternoon, so I telephoned DHL to confirm this was correct and, wait for it"......... Yes, they will now be delivering”
The orders were delivered to my door this afternoon.

Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: A Pleasant Surprise with DHL

Post by Dominic »

Excellent!

I received notification that DHL were delivering to my address today as well. As the address is the main Paphos Post Office I have no way of knowing that it has in fact happened, but I was able to view the tracking history which showed it's path through customs. Just goes to show that if you complain enough things can improve. Well done to all the moaners! :)

And while I am here, don't forget that you can shop on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using our affiliate links. That way you will be helping our site. :)

Amazon.co.uk:

http://amzn.to/2Fw5KuM

Amazon.de:

https://amzn.to/2F1j0GW
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I've been following the DHL delivery issues to Cyprus threads with interest.

Cannot help but smile when I'm watching Formula One on Sky Sports F1 and the adverts kick in. DHL- the official logistics provider to F1. So how did DHL manage to get all the F1 team's cars and equipment to last weekend's Chinese Gran Prix?

Fly it out in a cargo 747 to Shanghai Airport, offload cargo onto the apron, then phone the teams to tell them they can come and collect? Somehow, I don't think so...

My suspicion is that the local DHL agents in Cyprus have been cutting costs and staff by unilaterally disobeying their contract with DHL, in NOT delivering to the Amazon customers doors! It's good to see that Amazon have now recognized this issue, and are sending rockets down the DHL logistics chain!!!

AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Seems that the weak link in the DHL logistics trail to Cyprus is their ACS Nicosia affiliate, who have perhaps been misbehaving regards door deliveries...

One cannot expect ACS to resolve this issue overnight. But reading between the lines in the above posts, it would seem to me that we are seeing the first signs of DHL reading ACS the Riot Act!

AL ;
Gone but not forgotten...
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The DHL delivery problems appear to be localised.
ACS are our DHL local agents and my nearest office is ACS in Paralimni. When they have a package for me they have always called and asked if I want to collect or when I will be home for a delivery.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Well I saw the Paphos DHL delivery guy in his van yesterday and he has been to my house in Tala several times so he is definitely real and must be doing something all day long!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

We’ve had several non Amazon DHL deliveries direct to our house.
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

Just back from ACS collecting my (non Amazon) DHL package, so not one of the lucky ones getting home delivery!