Are those opposed to Trump simply half-wits, fishwives?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
keving

Re: Are those opposed to Trump simply half-wits, fishwives?

Post by keving »

Who would be interested to know what the 'hypothetical' Brexit referendum result would have been if votes from people who didn't vote in the 2015 General Election were voided?

A simple "aye" or "nay" will do it :-)
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

Dominic,
I think I'll join Conoflex and Wallace, perhaps my response was abrupt, trouble is I meant it and wouldn't be able to read her sanctimonious whining without responding in the same way again. Please remove me from your database. Good luck with the forum.
keving

Post by keving »

johnoddy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 pm Dominic,
I think I'll join Conoflex and Wallace, perhaps my response was abrupt, trouble is I meant it and wouldn't be able to read her sanctimonious whining without responding in the same way again. Please remove me from your database. Good luck with the forum.
All I asked for was a simple"aye" or "nay". Sorry if that was too difficult for you. All the best John.
June

Post by June »

Dominic I think johnoddy has a point.
I thought his response to America's child was quite valid and was surprised you chose that as your first obvious (to me anyway) deletion.
Last edited by June on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keving

Post by keving »

June wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:22 pm Dominic I think johnoddy has a point.
I thought his response to America's child was quite valid and was surprised you chose that as your first obvious (to me) deletion.
I'm on Dominic's side.
June

Post by June »

As ever Kev we disagree :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is possible to block people so that you no longer see their posts. You add them to your enemies list in the control panel. Johnoddy I have removed your name at your request but you are welcome to join back at any time.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Blimey, we are losing posters very fast from this site, I hope it doesn't become a trend I too am sorry to see people leave. That said, I do not agree with name calling or insulting other posters because you don't share their view, it's childish and petulant.

It's obvious we can't all agree, that's why we debate, but consider other's views, rather than going for the throat, which sadly seems to be creeping in. Bullying is also another trait which is creeping in, sad to see, although I see it as a coward's way of attempting to gain the upper hand.

Conoflex was speaking in general terms I believe, rather than picking on any one poster, but I could be wrong.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm
Firefly wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pmBlimey, we are losing posters very fast from this site, I hope it doesn't become a trend...

The only trend I can discern is that they were all Brexiteers. I suspect the very persuasive arguments from keving, OhSusana, Jim B, JimGWard and one or two others got to them in the end...and they resigned their memberships rather than admit defeat :lol:
How sad!! Heat and kitchens comes to mind again.
They should take Dominic's advice and bloc anyone they don't want to read posts from.
Storm in a teacup. Nobody forces anyone else to read any post.
Geoff.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sorry Loyd

I'm a Brexiteer, and I'm NOT going. Defeat from what ? we won :D

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm
Firefly wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pmBlimey, we are losing posters very fast from this site, I hope it doesn't become a trend...

The only trend I can discern is that they were all Brexiteers. I suspect the very persuasive arguments from keving, OhSusana, Jim B, JimGWard and one or two others got to them in the end...and they resigned their memberships rather than admit defeat :lol:
Except we won...

We won the Brxit vote and our favoured candidate won the presidency...

I haven't seen any 'persuasive arguments' that the remainers or Hillary were victorious...

We've just seen rather tedious and insulting 'arguments' that the millions that voted for Brexit and Trump are all a bit thick.

I suspect it was that which caused them to leave.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I certainly don't want brexiters to leave, or indeed anybody. If we all had the same opinion the politics section would be very boring.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

Quite so.

Jackie
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:06 pm Sorry Loyd

I'm a Brexiteer, and I'm NOT going. Defeat from what ? we won :D

Jackie
You did, indeed, and no-one can change that....
keving

Post by keving »

Brexiters won. They are the new elite.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

A Pyrrhic victory if ever there was one.

Jim
June

Post by June »

Happy said

"The only trend I can discern is that they were all Brexiteers. I suspect the very persuasive arguments from keving, OhSusana, Jim B, JimGWard and one or two others got to them in the end...and they resigned their memberships rather than admit defeat :lol: "

Yes I'm sure you would love to think that Lloyd but somehow I don't think that was the case.
keving

Post by keving »

June wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 pm Happy said

"The only trend I can discern is that they were all Brexiteers. I suspect the very persuasive arguments from keving, OhSusana, Jim B, JimGWard and one or two others got to them in the end...and they resigned their memberships rather than admit defeat :lol: "

Yes I'm sure you would love to think that Lloyd but somehow I don't think that was the case.
Lloyd was only joking June! So why do you think the 3 waltzed off?
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Considering we are expecting a bill of between 40/60 Billion for the privilege of leaving Lloyd, I think you can safely say we are already worse off. ;)
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Who says Britain is going to pay this? Just because the EU asks for it, doesn't mean they are going to get it! Or has it been agreed by Theresa May?