Decision

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Maggie B

Decision

Post by Maggie B »

498 to 114. Theresa has it.

MB
Jimgym

Re: Decision

Post by Jimgym »

Brexit bill was passed with a massive majority, it's going to be interesting what happens not only with Brexit but the Labour party and how Corbyn deals with his dissenters.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

When hasn't Corbyn had dissenters?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:23 am It was always going to be, but in a way I am glad that there was a vote. White paper today, which I do not think will go much beyond Mrs Mays speech, and then the word on the street is the 9 May announcement. The country really needs to get behind this now, especially our Polticians, because any weakness will be exploited by the EU technocrats, who care not forms deal but rather the continuance of the "27" at any cost.
What an excellent post from Hudswell.
Geoff.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Hudswell - Got it in one.

Rita
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It's a pity that the majority of MP's didn't have the courage of their convictions.
Jim
keving

Post by keving »

There were some who had the courage of their convictions. Kudos to Ken Clarke, one of the leading politicians of his generation. On the other hand Diane Abbott should hang her head in shame.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:15 pm It's a pity that the majority of MP's didn't have the courage of their convictions.
Jim
I disagree there Jim. As we all know the country voted out and I think MP's had a duty to see that through. Of course balancing that with their constituents made it tricky for some. MP's voted to give people a referendum, and as such they should ( and have) abided by it.
keving

Post by keving »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 pm I agree, Ken Clarke did not want a Referendum and he voted against triggering Article 50, he should now do the honerable thing and stand down. Diane Abbot on the other hand should be sacked from the Labour Party and if her constituents had any moral compass deselected as an MP, she has brought disgrace on herself, her party and those that voted for her.
Hudswell, I am not a Conservative (you might have guessed :-) ) but I admire Ken Clarke tremendously and have done for 40 years. I believe Ken is not standing at the next general election but had this not been his decision, I believe he would have had the strength of character to vote against the Bill and risk losing his seat. He has a lot to offer, I see no resson for him to resign, his record deserves that.

Abbott? What can I say? I saw her on question time last week. Terrible. She should be sacked, I agree. I would have preferred that she been brave and voted against the wishes of her constituents rather than take the cowards way out and throw a sickie.
keving

Post by keving »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 pm
Jim B wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:15 pm It's a pity that the majority of MP's didn't have the courage of their convictions.
Jim
I disagree there Jim. As we all know the country voted out and I think MP's had a duty to see that through. Of course balancing that with their constituents made it tricky for some. MP's voted to give people a referendum, and as such they should ( and have) abided by it.
I hope my MP voted Remain and therefore represented his constituency which was solid Remain.

Otherwise what is the point?
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Hi Keving,

I agree with you that Diane Abbott should be sacked, an absolute disgrace to her party & constituents. Personally I've never liked the women & believe she only got her current position because of her close ties with Corbyn.....Spineless.

At least Rachael Maskell, ( York Central ) & Shadow Environment Secretary, had the good grace to resign from office & vote the same way her constituents did, one of the few Northern Cities that voted Remain.

Hang Your Head in Shame Abbott... :oops:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

keving wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm
Hudswell wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 pm I agree, Ken Clarke did not want a Referendum and he voted against triggering Article 50, he should now do the honerable thing and stand down. Diane Abbot on the other hand should be sacked from the Labour Party and if her constituents had any moral compass deselected as an MP, she has brought disgrace on herself, her party and those that voted for her.
Hudswell, I am not a Conservative (you might have guessed :-) ) but I admire Ken Clarke tremendously and have done for 40 years. I believe Ken is not standing at the next general election but had this not been his decision, I believe he would have had the strength of character to vote against the Bill and risk losing his seat. He has a lot to offer, I see no resson for him to resign, his record deserves that.

Abbott? What can I say? I saw her on question time last week. Terrible. She should be sacked, I agree. I would have preferred that she been brave and voted against the wishes of her constituents rather than take the cowards way out and throw a sickie.
I think, if we are going to do the Brexit thing, and quite clearly we are, we need people at the helm who actually want it to happen.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
smudger

Post by smudger »

I've always thought Diane Abbot was nothing less than a joke. I can honestly count on one hand I think the sensible points I've ever heard her make. She has one aim in life, turning everything into a racist issue.
Hypocritical to the nth degree, decrying Grammar schools whilst sending her children to private schools, the list goes on. Pulling a sickie rather than standing up for what she truly believed in shows her for exactly what she is, a total fake on a gravy train.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

I think she should stay, in fact give her Tom Watson's job. With her and Sandals R Us in charge Liebour will never get voted in again.
smudger

Post by smudger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
keving

Post by keving »

johnoddy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm I think she should stay, in fact give her Tom Watson's job. With her and Sandals R Us in charge Liebour will never get voted in again.
Go on, have another drink. You never know you might get funnier
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

keving wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:22 pm
johnoddy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm I think she should stay, in fact give her Tom Watson's job. With her and Sandals R Us in charge Liebour will never get voted in again.
Careful, you might get this pushed into the serious Political forum!

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

ApusApus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 pm
keving wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:22 pm
Careful, you might get this pushed into the serious Political forum!

Shane
I haven't quite made up my mind whether I condone ad hominem attacks or not
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

I will not get banned again, I will not get banned again, I will not get......
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I always thought it was us left wing luvvies who stood up to the Facists in 1936 when many right wing Tories were sucking up to the Nazi's in Berlin.

Jim