Where is Al?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
William Morris

Where is Al?

Post by William Morris »

Is he due to arrive today?

Has anyone gone to the airport to welcome him? Meet and greet!
Anarita John

Re: Where is Al?

Post by Anarita John »

He was to arrive yesterday I think,(Wed)
He had transport to his hotel as part of the package.
Hope he is OK.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This would suggest he is flying either today or tomorrow:
PaphosAL wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:49 pm Some photos of work in progress would be great, please! Phil? Jim?

Though I'll try and get down there myself to take a look (and photos) in 17 days time...

The old wooden mezzanine decking that provided nice shade underneath, but was out of bounds for donkeys years (due to being unsafe to walk on) will doubtless be one of the first things to go, I guess. Hope it's replaced with something more modern, but same idea..

AL :D
He posted yesterday evening, and he was still in the UK then I believe.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

He posted on the 10 thread on Monday that it was 3 days before he arrived in Cyprus. He could be on the easyjet flight from Luton later this afternoon.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I would imagine he’s somwhere in the air......think he lands early evening.
I’m sure he will see a tremendous change in and around of Paphos starting with the airport
He does so love this island hope he has a fantastic break ☀️
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Flight track suggests that he is over Turkey with 49 mins till landing. Have a great time AL mate.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

If he is on the easyjet flight from Luton he landed just an hour ago, so should now be on his way to his hotel. Have a really enjoyable holiday Al. Unfortunately, we go back for a few weeks on Saturday.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Anarita John wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:39 pm If he is on the easyjet flight from Luton he landed just an hour ago, so should now be on his way to his hotel. Have a really enjoyable holiday Al. Unfortunately, we go back for a few weeks on Saturday.
Oh, that is a pity. When you back again?
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Back again in three weeks. Hope the weather in the UK is a bit milder so I can start my next challenge, walking around the Anglesey Coast. Really enjoyed walking and cycling here, having found lots of off road routes along the coast from Timi to Geroskipou Beach.

Al, I know you intend to do some walking when here, but take it very easy at first. I remember this time last year, I could only walk less then a mile very slowly and my leg muscles ached really badly, due to lack of oxygen getting to them. I had to grab hold of the handrail to get up the steps near the Municipal Beach and used the ramp, rather than the steps, at the harbour. My legs still ache, but nowhere near as badly, and I can maintain a speed of 3mph for an hour.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Anarita John wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:20 pm Back again in three weeks. Hope the weather in the UK is a bit milder so I can start my next challenge, walking around the Anglesey Coast. Really enjoyed walking and cycling here, having found lots of off road routes along the coast from Timi to Geroskipou Beach.
Fabulous walk is Newborough Forrest to Laanddwyn Island ..........stopping at Marram Grass Cafe ......stunning part of Sir Fon
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Last summer I walked from Chester to Anglesey, (Beaumaris) doing between 1mile and 16 miles at a time. I also cycled from Newborough Forest to Llangefni and back.
Rosemary and I also did a bit of the Anglesey Coast Path so I am looking forward to completing all of it this year. I also intend to cycle the whole of Lon Las Ogwen. Looking forward to walking to Ynys Llanddwyn from Newborough Forest. It forms part of the coast path.
I am just really grateful I am now able to walk and exercise having led a very unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle for so long.
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

I hope you have a great holiday Al, meeting up with friends old & new, you’ll certainly see a lot of changes since your last
visit! 😊
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Ditto the last post!
memory man

Post by memory man »

The eagAL has landed :lol:
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 pm Who's Al :?: ............. never heard of him :lol: :lol: :lol:
😂🤣😃😄😅
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I'm honoured that you good folks were thinking about me yesterday!

I arrived at the Veronica just as the dining room was opening for the evening meal. Very nice it was too...

Couldn't connect to their WiFi until this morning, but all sorted now. A bit breezy and cloudy, but still much warmer than UK! Overight, NO traffic noise, thumping music, or yapping dogs!

Listening Sunshine Radio in the bar last night, not bad at all... Oh well, back to my free afternoon cuppa now

Cheers -AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Have a smashing time AL and enjoy your break.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Have a lovely time, Pleased to hear no traffic noise thumping music or yapping dogs as I am coming to the Veronica (after being changed from Paphiessa) in October.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

You out tonight, Al? Taking in the sights of the triangle!, 😆😆

Is Crocodile open yet?

Can't think what else is along that stretch. Eves, Irish Bar??
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hi Al, do you have any sort of itinery? Hope you noticed that the carnival is on sunday, not saturday now, if you were planning to watch that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.