Petition in support of Trump UK visit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
keving

Re: Petition in support of Trump UK visit

Post by keving »

Wallace wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm Now 105,000.
Why has this petition received no publicity
I had not heard of the other petition until yesterday ... from this forum
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Whatever the pros and cons - this does place the Queen in a very awkward position. But - at 90 years of age, she is the ultimate diplomat.
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:50 pm
Wallace wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm Now 105,000.
Why has this petition received no publicity
I had not heard of the other petition until yesterday ... from this forum
Must have missed it Keving.
Now 106,000
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:51 pm Whatever the pros and cons - this does place the Queen in a very awkward position. But - at 90 years of age, she is the ultimate diplomat.
I am sure she will handle it as always, with professionalism and grace Susana.
It off course is highly controversial, but for now, he is the President of a country that the UK needs on its side.
Brexit needs Trump!
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

I wonder - will he try and grab her "by the pussy"?
That would be interesting.
Forgive me if I misquote, but - I think I'm fairly close to the mark. Alpha male meets Alpha female in orangutan speak.

Understanding Primates – and Donald Trump
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/na ... nald-trump

Anthropologists seem to just love Trump. I think enough material in that one guy for an entire conference )))
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

Why do we need America on our side?

Especially since Trump got in...I could go further back naming more, but being on ' their' side IMO hasn't done us any favours...

Strangely, for a very bible thumping country, Jesus, under the present circumstances wouldn't have been allowed in... :roll:
keving

Post by keving »

Well, if 'Brexit needs Trump' all I can say is God help us.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That's a good point. All those people waiting for the Rapture better head to Canada or Mexico I suppose.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

1,681,924 signatures
Wow - going up like a Premier League footballer's bank account!

(I should add - this is the petition against Trump meeting the Queen. God Save her gracious Pussy. )
Last edited by OhSusana on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

What is the point of it? I remember when a petition was started after the Brexit result, did that have any effect?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Wallace wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm
OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:51 pm Whatever the pros and cons - this does place the Queen in a very awkward position. But - at 90 years of age, she is the ultimate diplomat.
I am sure she will handle it as always, with professionalism and grace Susana.
It off course is highly controversial, but for now, he is the President of a country that the UK needs on its side.
Brexit needs Trump!
She seemed to manage just fine when she met Martin McGuiness.......
keving

Post by keving »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:11 pm What is the point of it? I remember when a petition was started after the Brexit result, did that have any effect?
Maybe the point of it is s public expression of feeling? You know, rather than bottle up your feelings, let them come to the surface. I hear that such a relief mechanism can be enormously recuperative.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:11 pm What is the point of it? I remember when a petition was started after the Brexit result, did that have any effect?
Maybe the point of it is s public expression of feeling? You know, rather than bottle up your feelings, let them come to the surface. I hear that such a relief mechanism can be enormously recuperative.
You could well be right, for some people I guess, who knows?! I'm not sure how adding one's name to a petition would give much vent to feelings however we are all different. :D
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The sad thing is, I bet a lot of the people who signed that petition couldn't be bothered to vote in the first place.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
keving

Post by keving »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:38 pm
The sad thing is, I bet a lot of the people who signed that petition couldn't be bothered to vote in the first place.
Even sadder is the likelihood that the majority of those who didn't vote will be those most affected by the economic consequences of Brexit.

Still, there will be plenty of opportunities for true Brits to pick my strawberries in future once the east Europeans have disappeared from the scene.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Honestly, anyone who thinks the UK needs the US, needs their head looked at....

We pay billions every year for Trident. An ineffective old system, made by the Americans, who hold the ultimate power as to whether it is used or not. Effectively, we subsidise the US nuclear programme.

May would like to bring more US medical companies to the UK.... For what purpose? The US has one of the worst Western medical systems in the world. They pay, on average, much more than twice the UK, for a system that leaves its citizens (only those who can afford to pay) with terrible medical care that's over priced, over hyped and over there at present. I wonder if its any co-incidence that the majority of Tory MPs are linked to medical companies?

We have nothing we produce, that the US wants to buy. And if we did, Trump would ban it, as his predecessors have. What they produce, I'm sure we can live without.

If Brexit means new trading relationships, then we need to make things others want. Currently, we are a service economy. Far too reliant on the City of London and its financial might. Brexit is more than likely going to diminish that. Any manufacturing we do, is owned by foreign companies. We might have to adopt a "buy British" again to boost the resultant economy.

Trump thinks he can re-invigorate dead states, where manufacturing has disappeared. Coal, Steel, Heavy-Engineering can't be brought back, unless he embargoes all foreign imports. Mexico will offer manufacturing (and grass-cutting) at a fraction of the US hourly rate...

Innovation, where the US is strong, doesn't employ millions in the US and they do their best (like Trump) to hide it on foreign shores.

May seems to have "dropped her drawers" to Trump on her visit.... giving him his wanted Royal Visit, offering to open her doors, yet I'v heard of nothing in return....
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

My head is fine Jim.
The U.K. Exports more than 51b to the US, more than it exports to Germany.
The difference being that imports from the US are much lower than from Germany, which helps the UK.
The US is vital to the UK economy, now and in the future.

Wallace
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Petition in support of Trump visit now at 154k, with no publicity in the mainstream news or press, in less than 24 hours.
With publicity it will grow exponentially.
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Now 156k, 2000 sensible people in 2 minutes.
keving

Post by keving »

Wallace wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:04 pm Petition in support of Trump visit now at 154k, with no publicity in the mainstream news or press, in less than 24 hours.
With publicity it will grow exponentially.
Come on, in this age where we get our news from Facebook, what sort of dinosaur relies on MSN?