SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: SOS TV

Post by Dominic »

Allesley wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:31 am
Really Dom, are you very sure? no gloating... :D
If you want to continue that discussion, the topic is in the pit. It is the thread called "SOS TV - too puerile for the mainstream ".
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Good morning.

No reason to reply to this man Dom, happy you removed some rather nasty comments that I defended, usual suspect. I never have or will look in the Pit, whatever that is.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Allesley wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 am Good morning.

No reason to reply to this man Dom, happy you removed some rather nasty comments that I defended, usual suspect. I never have or will look in the Pit, whatever that is.
The only comment that was moved to the pit was by you. :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 am An interesting story which puts all this into perspective.

A few weeks ago, wife and daughter were in a gift shop in a tourist location in Paphos. They wanted to buy a football shirt for grandson for Christmas. As they were browsing through the shirts, they became aware of two disturbances in the store. On one side of the store were people who it was evident were Customs officials, who were busy taking stock off display and packing them into boxes. Clearly this was a Customs raid on counterfeit goods. On the other side of the store, much to wife's and daughter's amusement, were staff from the shop who were equally quickly taking stuff off display, packing it into boxes and then scurrying outside with said boxes.

Wife and daughter couldn't find the exact shirt they wanted, so asked the manager where they might find it. The manager whispered to them "come back tomorrow". They did...and were amazed to find the store even more filled with stock than the day previously. This time they got the shirt they wanted.

I think we may rest assured that service disruption from the iptv providers is only temporary and they will be back ;)
Well we all certainly hope so.. I wondered if anyone had any message today from SOS about this disruption / deletion of serviced..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

When there is a widespread problem like this, it is far better to let companies just get on with finding a solution. Every time they have to respond to a query about uptimes, it delays them. I speak from a lifetime's experience of working in I.T.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Hows this for bad luck, just had a call from a mate of mine, asking me if my tv service was affected,,,he then told me he buys his three kids a years subscription for their Christmas prezzy, every year.. he did this last week, including his own, he is now a grand out of pocket.... :cry:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

WHL wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 am Hows this for bad luck, just had a call from a mate of mine, asking me if my tv service was affected,,,he then told me he buys his three kids a years subscription for their Christmas prezzy, every year.. he did this last week, including his own, he is now a grand out of pocket.... :cry:
Ouch that is painful and very bad luck for him. Hopefully they can sort it out for him, and those of us affected.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am
WHL wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 am Hows this for bad luck, just had a call from a mate of mine, asking me if my tv service was affected,,,he then told me he buys his three kids a years subscription for their Christmas prezzy, every year.. he did this last week, including his own, he is now a grand out of pocket.... :cry:
Ouch that is painful and very bad luck for him. Hopefully they can sort it out for him, and those of us affected.
It will probably be back at some later date, as there is too much money involved for people involved in this, but its a risk you take when buying TV subs from Cyprus based people.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 am
Allesley wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:31 am
Really Dom, are you very sure? no gloating... :D
If you want to continue that discussion, the topic is in the pit. It is the thread called "SOS TV - too puerile for the mainstream ".
Where is the "Pit"? I cannot find it.
Amos.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You don't find the pit. It finds you.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm You don't find the pit. It finds you.
:lol: your on your game today Dominic.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm You don't find the pit. It finds you.

:?
Amos.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We popped into Computer SOS this morning and Brian informed a group of us that they were going to wait a couple of days to see if the provider could sort out the existing server. if not he would put us onto another server. So we shall just wait and see for a few days. There are servers out there that are "AOK". :D
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm We popped into Computer SOS this morning and Brian informed a group of us that they were going to wait a couple of days to see if the provider could sort out the existing server. if not he would put us onto another server. So we shall just wait and see for a few days. There are servers out there that are "AOK". :D
The problem isnt the servers, the police arnt going after the servers, the police are going after the people who take your money.
Royle

Post by Royle »

Could it be that CYTA have identified and blocked streams so need to wait for new ones!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Some more news on the police operation . Sounds a bit ominous they mention half a million subscribers ? I can not imagine there are that many dreambox users , but I could be wrong .

"Police arrested a 42-year-old man on Friday night in Larnaca in connection with the illegal television streaming network Dreambox.
The suspect was arrested after a number of items relevant to the case were located during a police search on Friday in nine establishments – two in Nicosia, two in Larnaca and five in Limassol.
The man, who is the fourth suspect to be arrested in connection with the same case, is to appear in court within the next few days to be remanded.
Three men aged 53, 44 and 43 – two Limassol residents and one person from Larnaca – were remanded for seven days earlier in the week following nine police raids on Tuesday in three districts in Cyprus, and in Greece, Bulgaria and the Netherlands in broader collaboration with Europol’s mobile unit.
The group had allegedly established a significant technical network of servers to broadcast more than 1,000 cable channels – including Nova, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports – to more than half a million subscribers in Europe.
The illegal network was discovered by Nova Greece and later verified by CYTA as a piracy network existing in all four countries."
Last edited by Mrblobby on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm We popped into Computer SOS this morning and Brian informed a group of us that they were going to wait a couple of days to see if the provider could sort out the existing server. if not he would put us onto another server. So we shall just wait and see for a few days. There are servers out there that are "AOK". :D
Did he say anything about the monies already paid?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

merchant_banker wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:38 pm
Surely Lincoln just answered that?
josef k

Post by josef k »

As an interim you could always watch Cypriot TV. All you need is TV aerial on the roof. In fact I use an indoor aerial next to the TV and get excellent sound and picture (it depends where you are, of course). There are over a dozen channels on the terrestrial service, all free of charge. Of course, much of the content is in Greek, but there are English language films every night, together with documentaries, comedy etc. There is also local footie, cookery shows etc, where language isn't such an issue.

If we look at today's TV:
Films:
Rocky
Free Willy 3
Interstellar
Shannon's rainbow
Hitman
Against the wild
A little princess
48 Hours

Comedy:
The Graham Norton Show
Love boat
Friends

Others:
Billy the Kid, the evidence
News in English
Rizzoli and Isles
Dr Quinn: medicine woman

It won't suit everyone of course. But if you would like to feel you are actually in Cyprus, give it a go. Who knows, you might even pick up some Greek.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 pm
merchant_banker wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:38 pm
Surely Lincoln just answered that?
No mention of money that I can find - nor does it say he will 'put us on another server' free of charge!!