Airport parking

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
J B

Airport parking

Post by J B »

I know it's been asked several times before, sorry, but just asking for the latest news ... :)

If someone takes our car to Paphos airport on a Tuesday evening in April and then we arrive on Wednesday evening to collect it, what will the charge be??
Any what unforeseen problems might there be??
J B
Cactuslil

Re: Airport parking

Post by Cactuslil »

I would think an awful lot! You need to pre book on line to get a sensible price.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just did a search for you and if you pre book its coming up at €10...Ive booked a week in march at €32..ther will be no problem, just leave the ticket in the car..it works with NPR
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

Here are the rates from the Paphos airport webpage

Short Stay parking rates

Rate Duration
€1.50 0-20 minutes
€3.00 21-40 minutes
€4.50 41-60 minutes
€6.00 1-2 hours
€7.00 2-4 hours
€8.00 4-6 hours
€9.00 6-12 hours
€10.00 12-24 hours

https://www.hermesairports.com/en/airli ... ort-stay-2
What we are
What we have been
What we intend to be
is shown more in the Patience we exhibit than through any other virtue
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm I know the OP is asking about Paphos, but FWIW parking in the main airport car park at Larnaca is so cheap there is no point using outside service providers.
My search was for Paphos, I always use Larnaca...just booked one week €32
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sadly after pre booking car parking at the Airport we always have trouble getting out.. The latest time was last Wednesday night when the exit barrier recognised my number plate but said my (pre paid) ticket was invalid.
It said I should press the green button, which I did repeatedly... Nothing... I had to reverse away from the barrier (good job no queue behind) and go back inside the terminal building. I was told to go back ant try again. I did with the other exit gate and all was OK.. But this has happened many times before..
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

Thanks all

So ... pre-book for €10 (and possibly encounter problems like Trev did) or pay on the door for €10

Hmmm, decisions decisions!
J B
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Can you no longer leave cars on the road outside, by the beach?

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Better off using park n fly 3 EU a day drop off and pick up at the airport use them all the time great value and service
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

I agree use park&fly great outfit and very reliable
garry
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I only asked about short term parking on the beach road outside PFO, as that's where George:

http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/web/

always left my rental car, with the key cunningly concealed in a wrap of tissue paper, hidden in a secret location, only known to his customer! Always worked for me...

AL :lol:
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In recent years George has left the hire cars on the Airport Car Park..
Trev..
mikesjn

Post by mikesjn »

We did this with George for the first time in November. we are usually picked up by friends. We arrived at midnight and by the time we got to the car, about 1 am, it was 7 Euros, I was surprised at how cheap the short term parking was, I was wary of the Airport website as the charges seemed so cheap and get cheaper per hour the longer you stay, which for short term airport parking seems illogical to me, but the charges are the same as the website. We even scrabbled for change in Euros, but the machine takes notes and cards. Definitely doing it again as it saves messing about the following morning, usually a Sunday, when I just want to lay into things and then get to Timi market and a decent place for lunch.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I left my car at PFO airport car park for 10 days, pre-booked for 32 euro. It would have been 46 if I'd not pre-booked. However, like Trev I do have problems exiting. I need to press the call button, which when it's dark is not very visible. Bad design, or better lighting would sort that out.