St George and Blue Cross Ambulance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Bograt

St George and Blue Cross Ambulance

Post by Bograt »

I received a text message the other day from the old Phoenix Ambulance people, now St George and Blue Cross. It read as follows (sorry for the annoying text speak!):

"Pls can u let me know if u r going 2 renew ur membership? if not i will archive ur file we r st george & b/x formally phoenix ambulance".

I replied that we would be, when over in January. The answer I received was (again, exactly how it was written):

"Thats ok what is ur name plse and i will update ur file".

I found it very strange that a company should approach me in this way, asking about membership renewal, whilst not even knowing who they were talking to. I texted back, asking to explain how they know my number but not who I am, I gave my name, and am still waiting for a reply.

Are they just randomly texting any phone numbers that they have, trying to get business? I would have presumed that if you have somebody's phone number, and are a reasonably competent business, you would also have at least their name!

Sorry if you think I am just being a grump, but I thought it was odd. Have any of you had the same thing happen?
Fisherman Phil

Re: St George and Blue Cross Ambulance

Post by Fisherman Phil »

There has been so much mucking about with this company, that I haven't renewed my membership. If necessary, but hopefully never, I'll take my chances with the General Hospital ambulance service.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Fisherman Phil wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:56 am There has been so much mucking about with this company, that I haven't renewed my membership. If necessary, but hopefully never, I'll take my chances with the General Hospital ambulance service.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I did go in to the Kissonerga office to pick up a leaflet about their services, and I wasn't too inspired with what I found, sadly. As there is now an ambulance station in Peyia, perhaps I will take my chances with them instead.
J B

Post by J B »

Bograt wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:32 am Sorry if you think I am just being a grump, but I thought it was odd.
Don't thnk u r bein a grump - thnk they r quite unprofessional!

;)
J B
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Hah! They replied to my question about how they don't have my name. "We send out a text and i like 2 confirm i have the correct name 2 archive file, which i have with yours & it is now archived". What the hell does that even mean? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gibberish!!
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

J B wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm
Bograt wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:32 am Sorry if you think I am just being a grump, but I thought it was odd.
Don't thnk u r bein a grump - thnk they r quite unprofessional!

;)
Glad it's not just me..... :roll:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:16 pm An objective opinion? For a first post it would appear you are bearing a bit of a grudge there...or is it just me?
No it's not just you... There are lots of blatant lies in that posters first post..
And so that readers know which side of the fence I am on, I rejoined with them.
Trev..
emgee

Post by emgee »

Brutal

Can we have some evidence please. Phoenix was a well liked company amongst ex-pats in Pafos.

Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I would be grateful if people reported posts like that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Don't understand why you deleted my later reply to you, Dom, but left three or four earlier 'orphaned' replies to the offensive first post troll 'BrutalTruth' in place?

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You asked me to delete your replies, so I deleted them.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I didn't ask for deletes, Aquila did. The orphaned posts are still in place here... But my later benign replies were deleted...
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I didn't notice Aquila's post. I just saw three posts in a row by you with your final comment being to delete them. In my TV-starved state I obviously merged his post with yours, which is why yours went and his didn't. For that I can only apologise. :)